Gift for PA graduate

Hi - our daughter is graduating her program next month, and we are seeking gift ideas. One thing we have considered is a longer white coat embroidered with her name followed by, PA. Is this a good gift, or will her coat be provided by her employer? If this is a good idea, can someone recommend a nice brand?

Any other ideas? She hopes to relocate, so I know we will have to help with those expenses, but I wanted to get her something special...jewelry is my only other idea.

Thank you!

First of all, congratulations! A big day for all of you.

As far as coats go, she will probably get one at her job. Most (but not all) places of employment have their own logo etc that ends up leading to wearing their coats.

I would suggest getting her a momento, like a PA ring or maybe something engraved for her desk at home or at work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

An engraved business card holder or a nice personalized name plate for her desk are nice choices. As mentioned above, white coats are usually supplied by the practice and should be embroidered to match the other clinical staff. Depending on how much you're wanting to spend, a long weekend get-away is also a nice choice as she likely won't have a lot of time off the first few months as she gets oriented and trained at her new position. Congratulations to the new graduate.

Guest UVAPAC

I agree with the above comments.

She likely already has everything medical that will be required (stethoscope, otoscope/opthalmoscope)  

Should get her a reward/treat such as a weekend away, a nice dinner out, concert tickets, etc.  

My job provided 4 white coats engraved/embroidered with hospital logo within the first week, and I can get new coats at any time on request.  

Thank you for your thoughts. I really like the monthly massage for a year idea....not sure where she is going to land yet for her job. She hopes NYC, and is waiting to hear about the outcome of a couple of interviews. I guess to do that, I will need to wait and see where exactly she will be living. She already has a nice stethoscope....maybe I'll look in to the engraved name plate/business card holder. Yes, it's been a long road; so excited for her to almost be done. :)

Archived