SEMPA Board of Directors Election

Following in the footsteps of some of my esteemed colleagues on this forum, I have decided to run for a Director At Large position with SEMPA. As a member of the society since I was a PA student a decade ago, I have come to appreciate all that SEMPA offers to PA's working in our specialty. I would now like the opportunity to take the next step and become more involved in helping the SEMPA leadership to advance the cause of PA's in Emergency Medicine.

I have been fortunate in my career to have been able to work in a relatively unique setting as a PA. While still working 50% clinically in the ED, the other 50% of my job is dedicated to EMS, performing both administrative functions (CQI, teaching, research) and responding in the field as part of a Physician/PA-staffed EMS response team. As a paramedic prior to becoming a PA I continue to have a passion for prehospital medicine, and as a member of the SEMPA Board I would like to explore further opportunities for PA's to play a role within the world of EMS.

My position at Yale and my membership with the National Association of EMS Physicians have given me the chance to get to know some of the national leaders in the EMS community. As a member of the SEMPA board I would hope to develop a liaison position between SEMPA and NAEMSP, giving us a voice in the future development of EMS. Many of us working as emergency medicine PA's are prior (or current) EMT's and paramedics, and I would like to provide us with more avenues to participate actively in the EMS system after we obtain our PA-C.

The CV and position statements of all the board candidates are now available on the SEMPA website:

http://www.sempa.org/About-SEMPA/Board-Candidates/

I hope that you will consider my candidacy; please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Kevin Burns, PA-C, EMT-P

Following in the footsteps of some of my esteemed colleagues on this forum, I have decided to run for a Director At Large position with SEMPA. As a member of the society since I was a PA student a decade ago, I have come to appreciate all that SEMPA offers to PA's working in our specialty. I would now like the opportunity to take the next step and become more involved in helping the SEMPA leadership to advance the cause of PA's in Emergency Medicine.

I have been fortunate in my career to have been able to work in a relatively unique setting as a PA. While still working 50% clinically in the ED, the other 50% of my job is dedicated to EMS, performing both administrative functions (CQI, teaching, research) and responding in the field as part of a Physician/PA-staffed EMS response team. As a paramedic prior to becoming a PA I continue to have a passion for prehospital medicine, and as a member of the SEMPA Board I would like to explore further opportunities for PA's to play a role within the world of EMS.

My position at Yale and my membership with the National Association of EMS Physicians have given me the chance to get to know some of the national leaders in the EMS community. As a member of the SEMPA board I would hope to develop a liaison position between SEMPA and NAEMSP, giving us a voice in the future development of EMS. Many of us working as emergency medicine PA's are prior (or current) EMT's and paramedics, and I would like to provide us with more avenues to participate actively in the EMS system after we obtain our PA-C.

The CV and position statements of all the board candidates are now available on the SEMPA website:

http://www.sempa.org/About-SEMPA/Board-Candidates/

I hope that you will consider my candidacy; please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Kevin Burns, PA-C, EMT-P

• 4 weeks later...

Archived