MCPHS: BOSTON 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/4/2017 at 3:11 AM, jllybean1231 said:

ACCEPTED!!!

After reading the last post about seeing any changes to the portal I decided to login again to check because I haven’t gotten any letter in the mail...... and I see ‘Accepted’ at the top of the page!!!!

Good luck to everyone who interviewed a few weeks ago and to those going to the future interviews! 

Sending my deposit today!!! So excited to begin this journey and meet everyone! 

Hey! I checked my application status and it says "accepted" as well. Before I get super excited, I wanna make sure that its not for MCPHS in general. Is this what your portal looked like? It doesn't mention anything about PA program. Did yours mention anything before you received the letter? 

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 3.20.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 3.20.57 PM.png

I'm interviewing this Friday, Nov. 17, at 10:45 and I'm pretty nervous since this is my first interview! For those who have already had their interviews, what was the day like? Did any questions throw you off guard? And did they ask anything regarding what's currently going on in politics relating to healthcare? Thanks!

15 hours ago, dumpsterdan said:

I'm interviewing this Friday, Nov. 17, at 10:45 and I'm pretty nervous since this is my first interview! For those who have already had their interviews, what was the day like? Did any questions throw you off guard? And did they ask anything regarding what's currently going on in politics relating to healthcare? Thanks!

The entire process was so laidback and was honestly very enjoyable! For your time slot you will show up for lunch and a presentation which overlaps with the 8am slot and after that is the campus tour and interviews. And no, all questions were aimed at getting to know you, not your knowledge of legislation! Compared to my other interview (this was my 2nd), this program was much more friendly and welcoming which really calmed my nerves! Good luck to you ?

15 hours ago, dumpsterdan said:

I am in the same boat as you! First interview! I will also be at that same time slot so hopefully we get to know each other. All of the advice I have heard is to just be yourself. Of course, since I'm also pretty nervous I know that isn't the easiest thing to do. See you there & GOOD LUCK! 

On 11/11/2017 at 3:25 PM, janPA said:

Hey! I checked my application status and it says "accepted" as well. Before I get super excited, I wanna make sure that its not for MCPHS in general. Is this what your portal looked like? It doesn't mention anything about PA program. Did yours mention anything before you received the letter? 

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 3.20.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 3.20.57 PM.png

No it didnt mention anything about the PA program but I did get my letter 2 days later. 

9 hours ago, Lolo13 said:

The entire process was so laidback and was honestly very enjoyable! For your time slot you will show up for lunch and a presentation which overlaps with the 8am slot and after that is the campus tour and interviews. And no, all questions were aimed at getting to know you, not your knowledge of legislation! Compared to my other interview (this was my 2nd), this program was much more friendly and welcoming which really calmed my nerves! Good luck to you ?

Thank you so much!! That's so good to hear.

15 hours ago, Lolo13 said:

Okay thanks! I interviewed 11/9 and I’m just scared because it’s only been a week and the under review portion is no longer there so I’m wondering if I’m about to be rejected right away? 

My portal status did the same thing. I interviewed on 10/21. I think it just means they are done reviewing our apps, and the decision is pending. Fingers crossed for both of us!

35 minutes ago, AthletictrainingtoPA said:

I thought the school doesn't provide graduate housing, I could be wrong. I plan on trying to find 1-3 roommates and renting an apartment nearby.

You're right! They're refunding the money, haha! Oops. I was hoping to do the same thing. I'm nervous about finding housing that's reasonable.

13 minutes ago, kmbend said:

You're right! They're refunding the money, haha! Oops. I was hoping to do the same thing. I'm nervous about finding housing that's reasonable.

Haha! I am also a little nervous about finding something reasonable. From what I have seen if you want something decently nice, close by, and you have at least one roommate it is going to be at least $1,600 a month.  

22 hours ago, Lolo13 said:

Okay thanks! I interviewed 11/9 and I’m just scared because it’s only been a week and the under review portion is no longer there so I’m wondering if I’m about to be rejected right away? 

I interviewed on 11/9 as well and mine reads, under Your Status, "Application Completed"

10 hours ago, AthletictrainingtoPA said:

Haha! I am also a little nervous about finding something reasonable. From what I have seen if you want something decently nice, close by, and you have at least one roommate it is going to be at least $1,600 a month.  

Currently a first year student at MCPHS. If you go in with 2 other people it is possible to find something near school for ~$1,000/mo. 

Archived