MCPHS: BOSTON 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, youkannaa017 said:

Got the same email, but it won’t let me reset my password and login. Did this happen to anyone else? 

It didn't let me at first either, so I clicked "Back to login page" and then I registered to make a new account. When I logged in, it had all my app info connected to it already!

20 minutes ago, pipergasaway said:

Same! I thought it was a scam for a second.... It doesn't look like we have to do anything right?

Yeah I'm guessing we don't need to do anything unless they have something missing from our app, which it would say on the homepage I believe. I guess now that we've made an account, we wait...?

12 minutes ago, pipergasaway said:

Anyone that has gotten an interview, did you get an email to make a portal account before you got offered an interview??

I had my interview last weekend and just received the email today. It sounds like everybody, regardless of application status, received that portal invite today.

55 minutes ago, youkannaa017 said:

Got the same email, but it won’t let me reset my password and login. Did this happen to anyone else? 

It won't let me reset my password either!. It just takes me to a login where I had to put in my username (email address), but got an error saying there was no account

2 hours ago, PAtience said:

I just got this email to, does anyone know if they have done this in the past to update students if they got an interview? 

My friend who is now a student at MCPHS did not receive an email or any portal like this last year. This is a new update they are trying this year everyone will receive this regardless of status.

On 10/31/2017 at 5:51 PM, tardito said:

I am interviewing at 10:45am on Nov 9th. Does anyone have insight into the interview style? Looking forward to visiting the city and meeting prospective students!

The interviewers just asked tradition and ethical questions! You interview with 3 people either faculty and/or alumni, and each interviewer asks questions related to your resume. So one might ask “why PA- what pivotal moment made you want to be in this profession”, another may ask “how would you explain the role of a PA to a patient who doesn’t know what the role entails”, and another could ask “what have you done to prepare for this program and career.” Each interview is 10 minutes each with about 1-2 minutes of questions you can ask. Hope this helps!

10 hours ago, Nruttke said:

The interviewers just asked tradition and ethical questions! You interview with 3 people either faculty and/or alumni, and each interviewer asks questions related to your resume. So one might ask “why PA- what pivotal moment made you want to be in this profession”, another may ask “how would you explain the role of a PA to a patient who doesn’t know what the role entails”, and another could ask “what have you done to prepare for this program and career.” Each interview is 10 minutes each with about 1-2 minutes of questions you can ask. Hope this helps!

Thanks!

ACCEPTED!!!

After reading the last post about seeing any changes to the portal I decided to login again to check because I haven’t gotten any letter in the mail...... and I see ‘Accepted’ at the top of the page!!!!

Good luck to everyone who interviewed a few weeks ago and to those going to the future interviews! 

Sending my deposit today!!! So excited to begin this journey and meet everyone! 

Archived