Talk about SDN and their adolescent behavior from some. Look at this from that EM thread:

Makati said, "Spot on. I had a pre-PA that worked in our ED acting so cocky it's sickening. I'm like I've been where you are going and if you think PA school is hard try medical school."

Even though the person isn't a PA yet, still a pissing contest.

Talk about SDN and their adolescent behavior from some. Look at this from that EM thread:

Makati said, "Spot on. I had a pre-PA that worked in our ED acting so cocky it's sickening. I'm like I've been where you are going and if you think PA school is hard try medical school."

Even though the person isn't a PA yet, still a pissing contest.

Not sure exactly what your meaning was here....but Makati is an experienced PA who has gone through Med school and, I believe, is a 2nd year resident now.

• 4 years later...
On 4/9/2017 at 9:30 PM, EMEDPA said:

after several discussions today over at SDN in the EM forum I think I'm finally ready to quit ever visiting that site again. I try to be polite, present a reasonable perspective, and get shat on by a bunch of folks 20 years younger than I am.

If anyone is looking for me over there, send them here.

Thanks-

done with physician in training A$$clowns.

Made the mistake of going back again and posting. same thing. A bunch of doc wanna bees over there said they would never accept a consult from a specialty PA for any reason.

Really done now. Deleted my account. 

• Upvote 1

I have a simple response to that in the real world. "I'll notify the patient that you (mention by name) refused my referral. If they have a bad outcome because of delay in care I'll notify the medical board.

I work at the VA which is, to say the least, an interesting place. There seems to be a lot of tiny kingdoms with petty tyrants. So if, for example, the pharmacy refuses to fill a prescription for a reason I don't agree with I document in the chart who denied the order. Then I tell the patient who, by name, wouldn't give them what I recommended. There is no hiding inside the computer. You make the call...you get the heat. I'll often give out office phone numbers too. Its a lot harder to do that sort of thing when you have to directly face the results.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, sas5814 said:

I have a simple response to that in the real world. "I'll notify the patient that you (mention by name) refused my referral. If they have a bad outcome because of delay in care I'll notify the medical board.

I work at the VA which is, to say the least, an interesting place. There seems to be a lot of tiny kingdoms with petty tyrants. So if, for example, the pharmacy refuses to fill a prescription for a reason I don't agree with I document in the chart who denied the order. Then I tell the patient who, by name, wouldn't give them what I recommended. There is no hiding inside the computer. You make the call...you get the heat. I'll often give out office phone numbers too. Its a lot harder to do that sort of thing when you have to directly face the results.

additionally, if someone gives me that level of disrespect they will NEVER get a referral from me again. Even if they are on call, I will call docs I know or random docs in the phonebook to avoid consulting them or doing anything to send any income their way ever again. I will not mention their name to anyone ever. "Do you know this local doc?" " No,  I use xyz instead. I have heard he/she is a much better surgeon..... "You don't play nice with me and you will not get that new BMW this year because someone else will repair those 10 hip fxs that happened when you were on call, you A$$clown. 

Ok, deep breath. Damn, I'm pissed. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, EMEDPA said:

additionally, if someone gives me that level of disrespect they will NEVER get a referral from me again. Even if they are on call, I will call docs I know or random docs in the phonebook to avoid consulting them or doing anything to send any income their way ever again. I will not mention their name to anyone ever. "Do you know this local doc?" " No,  I use xyz instead. I have heard he/she is a much better surgeon..... "You don't play nice with me and you will not get that new BMW this year because someone else will repair those 10 hip fxs that happened when you were on call, you A$$clown. 

Ok, deep breath. Damn, I'm pissed. 

My tact also, I do send PIA pts with nutcase families to these MD A-Holes!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

My favorite part about SDN are the threads where the original poster writes that they are about to fail out of medical school or be fired from residency, which is almost universally followed up with dozens of posters exclaiming that doctors go through too much hardship to ever be fired from residency.

That and the fact that literally EVERY thread can somehow devolve into APP bashing (and many of them do).

OP: Hey guys, looking at new stethoscopes, thinking about the cardio 3, thoughts? 

Rabble #1: WHATS THE POINT, NURSE PRACTITIONERS ONLY GO THROUGH 5 MINUTES OF SCHOOL ON A CEREAL BOX AND THEY CARRY STETHOSCOPES

Rabble #2: YEAH THEY CAN’T EVEN PASS A PHYSICS FINAL EXAM, PATHETIC

It’s amazing how they get there and the directions they take it.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2