after several discussions today over at SDN in the EM forum I think I'm finally ready to quit ever visiting that site again. I try to be polite, present a reasonable perspective, and get shat on by a bunch of folks 20 years younger than I am.

If anyone is looking for me over there, send them here.

Thanks-

done with physician in training A$$clowns.

• Upvote 9

nothing worse then a know it all 20 - 25 yr old who truly knows nothing about the way the world works... then through in the fact that some of these folks have never had a challenge in their lives, and got into schools on their family's name or parents money - - - yeah no thanks

I went a few times and realized they are not fit for prime time....

• Upvote 1

ahhhh. I try to avoid physician (or pre physician) forums as much as possible. I tried to participate in a forum discussion among physicians  about PAs because it was one of those "they want to do what we do but they aren't doctor's" kind of things and I though I might introduce a little rational thought and try to answer some questions and concerns. The anger and ego and more was beyond description. Educated children.... it was pretty disgusting.

• Upvote 1

You have nice physicians and bad ones. Much like that, you have nice physician assistant and NP and bad ones... it really varies where they grew up, who trained them, and where they work.

Then you have people like overthehorizen. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Seems like many of them are on an ego trip.

It was kind of like that at our school, some first year med students couldn't fathom why they would be taking classes with us lowly PA students. However, the second year students were much more accepting, we shared quite a few classes with the second years. I like to think somewhere between first and second year their mentality changed. Or maybe the second years were just nicer people in general. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

after several discussions today over at SDN in the EM forum I think I'm finally ready to quit ever visiting that site again. I try to be polite, present a reasonable perspective, and get shat on by a bunch of folks 20 years younger than I am.

If anyone is looking for me over there, send them here.

Thanks-

done with physician in training A$$clowns.

I don't know how you did it. A long time ago, when I would visit now and then, I would have the feeling of going postal by the time I left. Seemed like a pile of narcissistic preschoolers.

• Upvote 1

SDN is like cancer for your soul. It's the biggest nexus of miserable healthcare providers on the internet. If you go there, read it strictly for laughs.

Done in one!

I went in there after getting admitted to the harvard program, posted once, looked around once and never went back, this was 2010

Guest ERCat

I go on there for entertainment. A bunch of rude, arrogant, miserable know it alls, who constantly trying to brag, one up each other, or put others down.

SDN is a demoralizing shit hole full of pompous adolescents who log on every night simply to compare prick size and tell you you'll never get accepted to med school. Years ago when I was toying with the idea of med school, I didn't know any better and went to SDN for advice. Boy what a mistake that was. Steered clear ever since.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2