recommend a board review course

haate to say this but a lot of studies have been done if all this cme and retaking of boards really makes a difference --i tend to believe and this is only my opinion. one of you really should do a study on this--wrie up a probosal and present it to the chairman of local medical school ( dept of education) --maybe would be take 5,00 patients in hospital--totally random and see id it correlates with cme--sort out specifically those who specifically ent to specific cme classes--or something like this--does cme correlate with admissions/readmissions--or mortality read freconomics if schools really matter it should generate tons of research questions. here is a good one---does what you look like correlate with chairman of departments--can you be a chief of surgery if you dont "look" like a surgeon?

hth

peter

univ oklahoma 1974,, ma education Columbia Univ 1971

haate to say this but a lot of studies have been done if all this cme and retaking of boards really makes a difference --i tend to believe and this is only my opinion. one of you really should do a study on this--wrie up a probosal and present it to the chairman of local medical school ( dept of education) --maybe would be take 5,00 patients in hospital--totally random and see id it correlates with cme--sort out specifically those who specifically ent to specific cme classes--or something like this--does cme correlate with admissions/readmissions--or mortality read freconomics if schools really matter it should generate tons of research questions. here is a good one---does what you look like correlate with chairman of departments--can you be a chief of surgery if you dont "look" like a surgeon?

hth

peter

univ oklahoma 1974,, ma education Columbia Univ 1971

OK you PA's here a good test of your knowledge--go to the PANRE web site and tell me 10 things that are wrong with the picture from a clinical point of review point--some a crucial other and certainly would get you fired if you did what you see

peter

pa unic oklahoma 1974

OK you PA's here a good test of your knowledge--go to the PANRE web site and tell me 10 things that are wrong with the picture from a clinical point of review point--some a crucial other and certainly would get you fired if you did what you see

peter

pa unic oklahoma 1974

OK you PA's here a good test of your knowledge--go to the PANRE web site and tell me 10 things that are wrong with the picture from a clinical point of review point--some a crucial other and certainly would get you fired if you did what you see<br><br>peter<br>pa unic oklahoma 1974

what is the clinical problem of the child?

is the person a PA?

if so why should she be asked to lave the insitution or clinic.

do you stick things in patents ears with out looking in them?

is she taking temperature or what?

these are just a guide line and i expect some really good answers --i realize 10 really is pushing but do what you can

we can all grade the answers

once again

peter

OK you PA's here a good test of your knowledge--go to the PANRE web site and tell me 10 things that are wrong with the picture from a clinical point of review point--some a crucial other and certainly would get you fired if you did what you see<br><br>peter<br>pa unic oklahoma 1974

what is the clinical problem of the child?

is the person a PA?

if so why should she be asked to lave the insitution or clinic.

do you stick things in patents ears with out looking in them?

is she taking temperature or what?

these are just a guide line and i expect some really good answers --i realize 10 really is pushing but do what you can

we can all grade the answers

once again

peter

Exam Master. Do question after question after question. The questions are long especially in comparison to what you will face on the board exam, but you will build up enough stamina to make it through the actual PANCE. Study mode gives long, thorough answers as to why the right answer is right, and why the wrong choices are wrong. Pay attention and in one question you get a review of five different topics. I used nothing but a basic board review book and exam master for one month and got an 800.

UDNMJ, Exam Master are good. Like above Exam Master is IN DEPTH- start earlier. My buddy and I used the new Zarbock with USLME Step 2 3rd edition and our score DOUBLED. I cannot express to you how awesome USLME Step 2 is. It have quick facts in the back and throughout the chapters. It is NOT tons of reading like Zarbock- it is nitty gritty. I highly suggest USLME Step 2- many questions DIRECTLY form it. This was our first PANRE. A major portion of that is likely buddy studying too.

I bought the Lange Review for my iPhone when prepping for the PANCE. What I liked about it was that I could do a few questions when I had time, and since I always have my phone with me, it was convenient... there were some errors, but I have not found anything does not have a couple... That being said, I also used Emory, (had access to exam master, which I did not use regularly,) and a couple of review books. However, having questions on my iPhone was definitely the best way for the MCQ test...

• 2 weeks later...

im also gearing up to get study materials as i need to take my 1st panre this year. last year i researched and researched for a good usmle book (i even used studentdocter.net for recommendations). the concensus was all the usmle books had errors. i studied the kaplan books and they sucked. first aid and crush are junky in my opinion. i liked the "step up" to medicine/usmle??? but many said there were errors in it.

im looking forward to the panre, it'll be like a review. so i want a thorough review not just for the panre but also for me. for now im gonna study the AAPA book, use my old physical examination text (i need to refresh these skills) and possibly do the UMDNJ online review (the preview was nice) while referencing whatever else.

any other specific recommendations would be appreciated.

I've been using the AAPA book and step up to medicine. Definitely prefer step up to medicine in terms of material but it only covers IM so it doesn't include ENT, gyn, peds. Exam master is crazy detailed. MKSAP is pretty good for a question bank, a lot of the med students have been using it on my rotations.

• 3 weeks later...

just an update.

according to barnes and nobles, a new edition of "step up to medicine" is coming on 4/28/12.

there is no new edition of "A Comprehensive Review for the Certification and Recertification Examinations for Physician Assistants," planned according to Lippincott.

does anyone know anything about "Physician Assistant Review," ISBN-10: 0781783607?

sorry about the fonts. thanks in advance. =)

just an update.

according to barnes and nobles, a new edition of "step up to medicine" is coming on 4/28/12.

there is no new edition of "A Comprehensive Review for the Certification and Recertification Examinations for Physician Assistants," planned according to Lippincott.

does anyone know anything about "Physician Assistant Review," ISBN-10: 0781783607?

just an update.

nice...step up to med was long overdue for a new edition. great book for all PA students.

-edit-

actually, according to lippincott the new step up to med publishes 8/2012

Archived