PAFT AAPA Candidate Endorsement Statement

PAs For Tomorrow AAPA Candidate Endorsement Statement

The 2017-18 AAPA voting polls have been open for a few days.  Historically, membership participation in AAPA elections tends to be low.  PAFT encourages all PAs to participate in the selection of our future national leaders.  If you haven’t already cast your vote, take the time to review the candidate selections and thoughtfully consider who you believe is best equipped to further the mission of the PA profession. 

Recently, the PAFT Board of Directors submitted a series of questions to each candidate.  After review of those that submitted responses to PAFT, board membership carefully considered which candidates best represent the future of our profession.  Specifically, PAFT is interested in leaders who will progressively advocate for our professional future and who will work to remove barriers to PAs practicing to the fullest extent of their license.  

For the 2017 AAPA Elections, PAFT endorses the following candidates:

President-Elect:     Alan N. Bybee, MPA, PA-C, DFAAPA, CPAAPA

Jonathan E. Sobel, PA-C, MBA, DFAAPA

Director At Large:  Dave Mittman, PA, DFAPPA

Gerard Grega, PA-C, DFAAPA

Diane Bruessow, PA-C, DFAAPA

Communication to national leadership is best demonstrated by casting your vote.  It remains one of the most important tasks you can do to advocate on behalf of the PA profession.  The polls remain open until April 10, 2017 5:00PM Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada).  Vote now by logging into your AAPA profile and selecting the general election link on the home page. 

Regards,

PAFT Board of Directors

• Upvote 2

PAs For Tomorrow AAPA Candidate Endorsement Statement

The 2017-18 AAPA voting polls have been open for a few days.  Historically, membership participation in AAPA elections tends to be low.  PAFT encourages all PAs to participate in the selection of our future national leaders.  If you haven’t already cast your vote, take the time to review the candidate selections and thoughtfully consider who you believe is best equipped to further the mission of the PA profession. 

Recently, the PAFT Board of Directors submitted a series of questions to each candidate.  After review of those that submitted responses to PAFT, board membership carefully considered which candidates best represent the future of our profession.  Specifically, PAFT is interested in leaders who will progressively advocate for our professional future and who will work to remove barriers to PAs practicing to the fullest extent of their license.  

For the 2017 AAPA Elections, PAFT endorses the following candidates:

President-Elect:     Alan N. Bybee, MPA, PA-C, DFAAPA, CPAAPA

Jonathan E. Sobel, PA-C, MBA, DFAAPA

Director At Large:  Dave Mittman, PA, DFAPPA

Gerard Grega, PA-C, DFAAPA

Diane Bruessow, PA-C, DFAAPA

Communication to national leadership is best demonstrated by casting your vote.  It remains one of the most important tasks you can do to advocate on behalf of the PA profession.  The polls remain open until April 10, 2017 5:00PM Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada).  Vote now by logging into your AAPA profile and selecting the general election link on the home page. 

Regards,

PAFT Board of Directors

Would it be possible to read the questions and responses of each candidate? I am not an AAPA member or PAFT member. I have considered supporting PAFT but remain in an evaluation phase. Are the answers to each candidates considered confidential?

• Upvote 1

The questions posed to the candidates are available here: http://www.pasfortomorrow.org/page-1860820

The board decided that because we didn't tell the candidates we were going to share their answers and don't have their permission and it could have been construed for internal use to decide who we would endorse, we should not share their responses. Suffice to say we chose to endorse candidates who clearly supported the changes PAFT lists as its goals. The policy is being reviewed and I believe steps will be taken next time to be clear about our intent in regards to answers given. You can also see the candidates platforms on the AAPA web site.

• Upvote 3

The questions posed to the candidates are available here: http://www.pasfortomorrow.org/page-1860820

The board decided that because we didn't tell the candidates we were going to share their answers and don't have their permission and it could have been construed for internal use to decide who we would endorse, we should not share their responses. Suffice to say we chose to endorse candidates who clearly supported the changes PAFT lists as its goals. The policy is being reviewed and I believe steps will be taken next time to be clear about our intent in regards to answers given. You can also see the candidates platforms on the AAPA web site.

Thank you for explaining. I agree that you should not disclose information when the candidates were unaware their statements would be published. It is the same issue with letters of recommendation for school. If the recommender knows that his statements are confidential, he will speak more freely. I believe you are doing the honorable thing here.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By WomenOfSTEM
      I am a member of AAPA and maybe I am unfamiliar with the website, but I want to make the most learning from the site and using it.
      How do PA-S or PA-C use it? As a Pre-PA how can I use the site and its resources to help?
      I appreciate it!
    • By sas5814
      PAs For Tomorrow (PAFT) is an advocacy-oriented volunteer organization created and sustained by its members. Especially important to PAFT are those who serve on its board in elected positions. PAFT’s board members work not just for the purpose of the board or its membership, but for the entirety of the PA profession. If you would like to contribute to the important work PAFT does in a more meaningful way, PAFT welcomes your self nomination for one of the following positions:
      President-elect: The president-elect shall perform duties and have responsibilities as prescribed by the President or Board of Directors. Serve as By-laws Committee Chair, expected to solicit and prepare any required potential By-Laws alterations for the membership to vote on at the annual meeting. Term of office is 1 year.
      Vice President: Assume the office of the president in the case of vacancy. The Vice President assumes all of the President’s roles and responsibilities in the absence of the President.  Serve as Elections Committee Chair. Term of office is 1 year.
      Secretary: Records and maintains the minutes of Board of Director meetings and annual membership meeting. Maintains and conducts correspondence of behalf of the Board of Directors. Term of office is 2 years.
      Director at Large (2 positions): Serve as full voting members on the Board of Directors. Perform duties as assigned, by the BOD or President of the Board, including chairing of committees. Term of office is 2 years.Eligibility:Per PAFT bylaws, candidates must have at least 3 months of membership with PAFT at this time to be eligible.President-elect must have served at least one year previously on PAFT board.  Student PAFT members with upcoming graduation dates this summer are eligible to run for office 
      Timeline
      Now through March 31, 2021: Accepting self nominations.To submit your nomination, please send a current CV and position statement regarding your interest as a candidate.Please send your completed nomination application to tessaroulston14@gmail.com Only fellow members may vote in this election. PAFT will publish candidate position statements and voting will ensue during the period of April 1-14, 2021.Election winners will be announced on April 15, 2021.Newly elected board members assume office during the AAPA conference in May 2021.Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns.
      Sincerely,
      Tessa Roulston 
      Tessa A. Roulston, MS, MPAM, DMSc, PA-C
      Vice President, PAs for Tomorrow
      PAFT Election Committee Chair
      tessaroulston14@gmail.com
    • By comPAssionatecamel
      Hello everyone! I am a newly engaged applicant who's been accepted to an inaugural program starting in January (fingers crossed nothing falls through) and am looking for advice from any PA-S or PA-C on whether to plan a wedding during didactic year to get married during clinicals or plan during clinicals and get married post graduation? I come from a cultural family so wedding's tend to be big and I am assuming planning will take at least a year or 6 months prior to the date. For what it's worth my program is set to graduate March 2023 and my fiancé is projecting 2022 to be the best for him, financially. Would love any insight from spouse PA's who had to make this decision or even attendees in rigorous programs. 
    • By WakadanPA
      To my veteran PAs:
      I recently received an email about the Student to Service HRSA scholarship that states NPs and Certified Midwives are now eligible disciplines for the upcoming scholarship cycle. The reason for the addition is the bolster primary care and obgyn providers in underserved and rural areas. Makes sense to me... however to my surprise PAs are not included in this scholarship opportunity. 
      Is this an issue that the AAPA would take up? If not, who can I write about this issue other than the HRSA?

• By rookiejay
      I wish we had Telemed as a specialty topic 
      I have been looking for work in Temed for years. The AAPA is now pushing to get us into the role and a new website 
      "Telehealth
      Many PAs have asked about opportunities in virtual medicine and telehealth. The Medicare program reimburses PAs for providing all covered telehealth services in the same manner as physicians. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services temporarily expanded telehealth and telemedicine services to enable beneficiaries to receive a wider range of healthcare services without having to travel to an office, clinic, or health care facility. PAs are fully included in the telehealth and telemedicine expansion program. PAs can find out more information about telehealth, telemedicine, and reimbursement at AAPA’s Reimbursement website. They may also be interested in joining AAPA’s special interest group, PAs in Virtual Medicine and Telemedicine (PAVMT)."
      https://www.pavmt.org/
      for PA interested in Telemed

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More