Research career....

So, as I alluded to in the other thread, the process of obtaining this doctorate has enlightened me...or made me crazy...whichever you might think....Sometimes I think both (depending on the day)...LOL:;;D:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]860[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]861[/ATTACH]

I am still interested in Administrative avenues, but now, primarily, my focus is on research.

I received some great news recently. The new research Center here is buying and protecting 20% of my time to work on Operations Research projects initially. They are also talking to me about population health research, specifically looking at socioeconomic predictors of health and access.

For now, my dissertation is done, the manuscript is written, and some unexpected findings were noted on PA specialty selection. I just finished another research project examining the use of PA's in the triage area in the ED (front end triage) and its effects on overall LOS in the ED. Writing it up now.

I have my oral defense on February 15th and graduation is on March 3rd.

They are talking to me about a possible tenure track faculty position in HSR here, probably in Population Health, although there are some other possibilities as well. I'll leave this thread with one final cartoon which probably has more truth in it than I would like to admit...LOL.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]862[/ATTACH]

Bottom line is, we need more PA's in administrative positions like Bill Hunt, or Pagel, or Folusho....but we also need more PA's in research positions. We need to grow this part of our practice, exponentially.

I would encourage all of you attending Toronto to attend the research session on Tuesday. Your participation can help make it a success and help grow the PARA groups within the AAPA.

So, as I alluded to in the other thread, the process of obtaining this doctorate has enlightened me...or made me crazy...whichever you might think....Sometimes I think both (depending on the day)...LOL:;;D:

post-17343-137934851008_thumb.gif[/size]

I am still interested in Administrative avenues, but now, primarily, my focus is on research.

I received some great news recently. The new research Center here is buying and protecting 20% of my time to work on Operations Research projects initially. They are also talking to me about population health research, specifically looking at socioeconomic predictors of health and access.

For now, my dissertation is done, the manuscript is written, and some unexpected findings were noted on PA specialty selection. I just finished another research project examining the use of PA's in the triage area in the ED (front end triage) and its effects on overall LOS in the ED. Writing it up now.

I have my oral defense on February 15th and graduation is on March 3rd.

They are talking to me about a possible tenure track faculty position in HSR here, probably in Population Health, although there are some other possibilities as well. I'll leave this thread with one final cartoon which probably has more truth in it than I would like to admit...LOL.

post-17343-137934851011_thumb.gif

Bottom line is, we need more PA's in administrative positions like Bill Hunt, or Pagel, or Folusho....but we also need more PA's in research positions. We need to grow this part of our practice, exponentially.

I would encourage all of you attending Toronto to attend the research session on Tuesday. Your participation can help make it a success and help grow the PARA groups within the AAPA.

post-17343-137934851004_thumb.gif

Archived