TTUHSC 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, kg8868 said:

Congrats, y'all! When was everyone notified? I was wait listed too I just wanna know if they're staggering invites so I know if there's still hope lol

I was emailed today that I was taken off the waitlist. I interviewed back in October, and was put on the waitlist a couple weeks after my interview. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, grifft21 said:

I received an interview invite today for next Monday (5/14). I politely declined as I have already started another program. Hope someone else takes it and gets in!

Holy cow, they're still interviewing???

1 hour ago, grifft21 said:

I received an interview invite today for next Monday (5/14). I politely declined as I have already started another program. Hope someone else takes it and gets in!

Hi!! I am glad you have started a program already!! Good luck! 

Do you mind sharing if you had already received a "Rejection email" from Texas Tech? 

8 hours ago, ac03 said:

Hi!! I am glad you have started a program already!! Good luck! 

Do you mind sharing if you had already received a "Rejection email" from Texas Tech? 

No rejection, but I did receive an email in January that I was still under consideration

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone from last year... I am currently waitlisted for this year’s cycle. It looks like quite a few were accepted from last year’s waitlist. Does anyone have any advice? Know how man get waitlisted and how many generally get offered (I know I’m sure it varies)? Or anything I can do while I currently wait? I see thy just sent out a few interviews in February for this year and it’s confusing me since they have already sent out alternate offers. It seems to me they would wait before to offer waitlists until all interviews. Also it doesn’t appear any interviews were conducted past December in your class. Any insight... anyone? 

8 minutes ago, Jxrx21 said:

Hey everyone from last year... I am currently waitlisted for this year’s cycle. It looks like quite a few were accepted from last year’s waitlist. Does anyone have any advice? Know how man get waitlisted and how many generally get offered (I know I’m sure it varies)? Or anything I can do while I currently wait? I see thy just sent out a few interviews in February for this year and it’s confusing me since they have already sent out alternate offers. It seems to me they would wait before to offer waitlists until all interviews. Also it doesn’t appear any interviews were conducted past December in your class. Any insight... anyone? 

They do rolling admissions so if someone on the wait list is more impressive than someone they're interviewing in January, they'll probably pull that person off the wait list and put the January person on the list in their place. They wait list quite a few people, no idea how many and no, they will not tell you your number on that list. There's definitely hope for people on it though, I was pulled off the list in May. Super stressful but hey, I'm here. 

29 minutes ago, Jxrx21 said:

They will accept and waitlist people at every interview. It's so they can see who else comes along, and if they like you more than the people from the most recent interview, they can just pull you off the waitlist and throw one of them on it.

They go through A LOT of the waitlist though. I am actually pretty sure they blew through the whole waitlist and still didn't have a full class this year because I was pulled off the waitlist in April, but turned it down as I got into a different program. A few weeks after that they sent out another interview date for May of this year... so I wouldn't be too worried 👍🏼 

Archived