TTUHSC 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, htxPA2018 said:

Hey do any current students have suggestions for a good laptop? I'm currently in the market for one and I want to make sure I get the right one. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks! 

I remember at the interview they were talking about how all the tests and quizzes are on the computer and that relying only on the wifi was a bad idea so I would find one that has an ethernet attachment. Apparently there's an adapter for Apple products (of course) but I feel like I would constantly lose that tiny thing.

19 hours ago, htxPA2018 said:

Hey do any current students have suggestions for a good laptop? I'm currently in the market for one and I want to make sure I get the right one. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks! 

One of the current students at my interview recommended a Macbook. I have one and have used it everyday for the past five years with no problems. They offer student discount. Hope this helps.

I use MacBook Pro... IT dept says it doesn't matter but the exam program we use prefers Windows over Apple... honestly it depends on your usage style and what OS you're comfortable with, but it does not matter

I know people have had issues with the exam taking program earlier in the year, but after there were updates, everyone was settled in.

My advice (if you don't have a good computer already): Buy a new computer with a fast processor so you don't have issues on your end - hard drive doesn't matter cause you'll never use all of it up with the school stuff... The new MacBooks have amazing processors, but you will have to buy an adapter for the Ethernet cord

Anyways, I hope this helps! Congrats to all that were accepted and good luck to those waiting on the wait list! For those who weren't accepted, be patient and trust the process as well as yourself - there is a program out there for everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, takemetoPAschool said:

To those who have been accepted -- is there anything we should be doing between now and start date? I completed the acme online training, but other than that .. is there anything else that needs to be done as of now? I am nervous something was lost in my email.

What is the acme online training? Also, I reached out to the staff to see if we needed a clinical or anything specific and this is the form I was sent (attached). I'm thinking we will all receive this form in the future but if you wanted to get something else checked off, this is something to complete!

<< Side topic >> does anyone know the area of Midland or know some safe apartments? I'm not sure I will be able to fly in to see the apartments, so I'm curious if anyone knows of some that several students live in. I know of sundance creek, but I was curious if anyone knew any others! Thank you all for your help!

TTUHSC SHP immunization requirements.doc

8 hours ago, takemetoPAschool said:

To those who have been accepted -- is there anything we should be doing between now and start date? I completed the acme online training, but other than that .. is there anything else that needs to be done as of now? I am nervous something was lost in my email.

I have not gotten anything about acme training, where did you see that? 

I know I have already started my lab work which I recommend to everyone that is planning on going to Tech because I was not immune to Hep B (because you can grow out of it) and I'm having to do the three rounds of shots again! Other than that, I haven't heard anything else from the program either!

1 hour ago, BrittneyB said:

What is the acme online training? Also, I reached out to the staff to see if we needed a clinical or anything specific and this is the form I was sent (attached). I'm thinking we will all receive this form in the future but if you wanted to get something else checked off, this is something to complete!

<< Side topic >> does anyone know the area of Midland or know some safe apartments? I'm not sure I will be able to fly in to see the apartments, so I'm curious if anyone knows of some that several students live in. I know of sundance creek, but I was curious if anyone knew any others! Thank you all for your help!

TTUHSC SHP immunization requirements.doc

Does this mean you've decided to go to TX tech?! (This is Lissette btw )

On 10/25/2017 at 3:07 PM, gb_atc said:

emoji113.png but when I called yesterday to inquire about an update, because I hadn't heard anything since August, I was told my application was under review sooo.... emoji136.png

It's not a rejection so there's still hope!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I still have not heard anything but based on the forum, it seems like the class is probably full? I wonder when we will hear something.

On 12/28/2017 at 2:20 PM, takemetoPAschool said:

I've done the acme training and immunizations/titers. Other than that, I haven't heard anything. 

18 minutes ago, bmh0714 said:

Did you need an order from a PCP to get the titers drawn? I haven't had to do that for awhile and can't remember what they need!

I did. I'm currently scribing in a primary care clinic so I established with a provider here to have my titers drawn. Working in the clinic made it really easy. I just showed her the paper and she ordered everything for me. 

13 minutes ago, padreaming said:

What is acme? I haven't received anything on this that I know of.

I received this email back in October. I got it after I accepted my position in the class. 

You are required to complete the following TTUHSC Online Training course.

This educational training is mandatory for all TTUHSC employees. It combines EEO, Sexual Harassment Prevention and Title IX Mandatory training into one comprehensive online program. This training is required within the first 30 days of hire and every two years thereafter.

You need to complete this course by 11/30/2017.

You can sign into the TTUHSC Online Training site and complete the course by clicking on the link below.

http://www.ttuhsc.edu/it/ACME/

For courses that require watching a video or downloading a handout we recommend using: a PC, not an Apple computer; and the most recent version of Internet Explorer (except version 8).

If you experience issues viewing files, please contact IT Customer Support.

9 minutes ago, htxPA2018 said:

I did. I'm currently scribing in a primary care clinic so I established with a provider here to have my titers drawn. Working in the clinic made it really easy. I just showed her the paper and she ordered everything for me. 

Thank you!!

1 hour ago, htxPA2018 said:

I received this email back in October. I got it after I accepted my position in the class. 

You are required to complete the following TTUHSC Online Training course.

This educational training is mandatory for all TTUHSC employees. It combines EEO, Sexual Harassment Prevention and Title IX Mandatory training into one comprehensive online program. This training is required within the first 30 days of hire and every two years thereafter.

You need to complete this course by 11/30/2017.

You can sign into the TTUHSC Online Training site and complete the course by clicking on the link below.

http://www.ttuhsc.edu/it/ACME/

For courses that require watching a video or downloading a handout we recommend using: a PC, not an Apple computer; and the most recent version of Internet Explorer (except version 8).

If you experience issues viewing files, please contact IT Customer Support.

is this for students though? It says its for employees.

Archived