Jump to content
sk8er2004

TTUHSC 2017-2018 Application Cycle

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, futuretxpa said:

How far in advance are people going to be looking for housing around Midland?

I booked a trip at the end of January to check some places out since I'll be coming from out of state 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, futuretxpa said:

How far in advance are people going to be looking for housing around Midland?

I’m also going to be going in January to look/find housing. I’ve looked online and found places I want to check out but am waiting until January to physically go see them. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, midwest said:

I’m also going to be going in January to look/find housing. I’ve looked online and found places I want to check out but am waiting until January to physically go see them. :)

Okay I will probably be doing the same thing! :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, midwest said:

I’m also going to be going in January to look/find housing. I’ve looked online and found places I want to check out but am waiting until January to physically go see them. :)

 

2 hours ago, padreaming said:

I booked a trip at the end of January to check some places out since I'll be coming from out of state 

one of the current students said most apartments let us make a deposit 60 days in advance to moving, so in March

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lmorejon7 said:

 

one of the current students said most apartments let us make a deposit 60 days in advance to moving, so in March

I’m moving in March - when my lease here is up - so that’s why I’m going in January. But good to know! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 30, 2017 at 3:16 PM, midwest said:

I’m moving in March - when my lease here is up - so that’s why I’m going in January. But good to know! 

That's great! You'll have time to settle in and learn where everything is.

I wonder when the current students will make the Facebook group for us.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking about going in Jan. to look for housing as well but I'm not sure that will work out. I'm looking forward to the current students making the Facebook page so I can get a better idea of where to look. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to update since I'm sure others have the same question. Applications open May 1 and coverage goes into effect June 1.

Does a current student know whether health coverage through Tech goes into effect May 1 or June 1? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, htxPA2018 said:

I've been thinking about going in Jan. to look for housing as well but I'm not sure that will work out. I'm looking forward to the current students making the Facebook page so I can get a better idea of where to look. 

Me too! Hoping they make it soon so we can interact because it sounds like a lot of people will be going to look for housing in January!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 4, 2017 at 3:49 AM, Helloworld123 said:

 Hi everyone! Does anyone know if this program does a white coat ceremony for incoming students? Thank you!

The last class did not have one :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2017 at 9:55 AM, pdbhakta said:

 


I'm a current student - had a 3.17 GPA, 50 volunteer hours, about 150 PCE hours, 150 hours of shadowing... trust me it's possible


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

wow! I am a sophomore, so I'm still a while away from applying but I have been worried about my lack of hours. TTU is one of my top choices, would you say that they are more focused on other parts of your app instead of experience? What's your secret? haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rusalochkaa said:

wow! I am a sophomore, so I'm still a while away from applying but I have been worried about my lack of hours. TTU is one of my top choices, would you say that they are more focused on other parts of your app instead of experience? What's your secret? haha!

I really wish I had a secret... I can honestly tell you that my class has a wide variety of experience in school and out of school so there isn't any one thing they look for on paper... We have people in our class like me with very little to no experience and then folks who have been EMTs for 10+ years... Our class is pretty down to earth, and my guess is that the interview process has a lot to do with that. I may have not be a great choice on paper, but I believe my confidence and temperament were the intangibles that I showed in the interviews. Every school is different, but I know TTU is one that does not discriminate when it comes to GPA, GRE, volunteer experience, work experience, or any single stat. They look at the applicant with a holistic scope. Hope that helps!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interviewed 11/30 and received an email today stating that I was placed on the alternate list! Good luck to those still waiting to hear back :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interviewed on 11/30 and received an admissions offer today. I will be declining, as I received acceptance to another program that works better for myself! Hoping it opens a seat for one of you on the alternate list! best of luck! 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, futuretxpa said:

Does anyone know when the Facebook page will be made? I think that will be helpful for a lot of us

Originally the current students said late December/January... doesn't answer your question exactly but my guess would be within a month or so time. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 9, 2017 at 3:17 PM, futuretxpa said:

Does anyone know when the Facebook page will be made? I think that will be helpful for a lot of us

I asked a current student and he said in the spring. I'm hoping that means January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FromScribetoPA said:

Congratulations to everyone that's been accepted, cannot wait to meet you all! Did anyone receive any information about scholarships or financial aid stuff in their acceptance letter? 

I think there might have been some stuff. I can't remember. I just remember them saying to do the FAFSA at the interview and thats all I remember lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More