TTUHSC 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, futuretxpa said:

How far in advance are people going to be looking for housing around Midland?

I’m also going to be going in January to look/find housing. I’ve looked online and found places I want to check out but am waiting until January to physically go see them. :)

28 minutes ago, midwest said:

I’m also going to be going in January to look/find housing. I’ve looked online and found places I want to check out but am waiting until January to physically go see them. :)

2 hours ago, padreaming said:

I booked a trip at the end of January to check some places out since I'll be coming from out of state 

one of the current students said most apartments let us make a deposit 60 days in advance to moving, so in March

On November 30, 2017 at 3:16 PM, midwest said:

I’m moving in March - when my lease here is up - so that’s why I’m going in January. But good to know! 

That's great! You'll have time to settle in and learn where everything is.

I wonder when the current students will make the Facebook group for us.

2 hours ago, htxPA2018 said:

I've been thinking about going in Jan. to look for housing as well but I'm not sure that will work out. I'm looking forward to the current students making the Facebook page so I can get a better idea of where to look. 

Me too! Hoping they make it soon so we can interact because it sounds like a lot of people will be going to look for housing in January!

On 11/19/2017 at 9:55 AM, pdbhakta said:

I'm a current student - had a 3.17 GPA, 50 volunteer hours, about 150 PCE hours, 150 hours of shadowing... trust me it's possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow! I am a sophomore, so I'm still a while away from applying but I have been worried about my lack of hours. TTU is one of my top choices, would you say that they are more focused on other parts of your app instead of experience? What's your secret? haha!

32 minutes ago, rusalochkaa said:

wow! I am a sophomore, so I'm still a while away from applying but I have been worried about my lack of hours. TTU is one of my top choices, would you say that they are more focused on other parts of your app instead of experience? What's your secret? haha!

I really wish I had a secret... I can honestly tell you that my class has a wide variety of experience in school and out of school so there isn't any one thing they look for on paper... We have people in our class like me with very little to no experience and then folks who have been EMTs for 10+ years... Our class is pretty down to earth, and my guess is that the interview process has a lot to do with that. I may have not be a great choice on paper, but I believe my confidence and temperament were the intangibles that I showed in the interviews. Every school is different, but I know TTU is one that does not discriminate when it comes to GPA, GRE, volunteer experience, work experience, or any single stat. They look at the applicant with a holistic scope. Hope that helps!

8 hours ago, FromScribetoPA said:

Congratulations to everyone that's been accepted, cannot wait to meet you all! Did anyone receive any information about scholarships or financial aid stuff in their acceptance letter? 

I think there might have been some stuff. I can't remember. I just remember them saying to do the FAFSA at the interview and thats all I remember lol

Hi everyone! I applied in July, application verified on 8/2 and called at the end of October to check on my application status; I was told that my application was still under review at that time. Has anyone received an interview recently? I am curious if they are still offering them! Thanks!

Archived