Anyone have any advice to better my chances of getting into Duke's Program?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to better my chances of getting into Duke's PA program? I am unable to make it to any of the open houses does anyone know if I can set up a tour through the school? Any advice will help. I don't have the best GPA but I've been gaining experience in the hospital working full time as a patient care tech and shadowing PA's in the hospital while going to school and volunteering on the side.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to better my chances of getting into Duke's PA program? I am unable to make it to any of the open houses does anyone know if I can set up a tour through the school? Any advice will help. I don't have the best GPA but I've been gaining experience in the hospital working full time as a patient care tech and shadowing PA's in the hospital while going to school and volunteering on the side.

Sounds like you're doing some of the right things already. If you're interested in PA school, I would say to be open minded to multiple programs. Duke is a fabulous program, but there are other fantastic programs out there. Not necessary to do an open house at Duke. The admissions process is very well designed and they definately take appropriate measures to look at the "overall" applicant profile and whether they would make a good clinician. Do your best to get the patient care experience needed, this will give you a good background for life in PA school. Good Luck.

Archived