Q and A with current students!

On 2/11/2020 at 8:16 PM, MadisonR0324 said:

Hi @KRushin ! I would love to know about your personal statement. I am currently trying to write mine and Im unsure if the topic is strong enough. It is a very rough draft at this time. I will be applying May 2020.

I have a meeting set up with Susan L this month. Anything I should specifically ask her? I have already been to an open house. 

Hey Madison, 

Too be honest, if i were to go back and look at my personal statement it was too personal if that makes sense. I think its important to distill what makes you unique interesting but dont let it get you stuck in the weeds. Let it shows your uniqueness and strengths but not toooo invested if that makes sense.

As far as what to ask, haha. The million dollar question. Ask the question you find important. Places to vist/live. Rotation placements, PANCE pass rate, graduation rate,  those sounds like lame things to ask about but they are important. I think wingate does an amazing job at all of those things. Other than lacking Division 1 Football  (coming from Big 12 school) i loved my time there. 

P.S. i volunteered at 3-4 Wingate football games. Texas boy can't resist football xD what can i say! I'm in orthopedics/trauma atm 🙂

Edited by KRushin

• 4 months later...