Sign in to follow this  
wisemakl

Results.. Accepted/Alternate?

I have. I called last week and they told me that they're still interviewing and the expect some people to withdraw from the alternate list, so there's no set "order" yet.

The alternate list has no order because they want a diverse class. Thus, when it comes time to fill spots they will try to choose candidates that add to the diversity of the overall class. Ie, if a male drops, they will probably will the spot with another male. Or look for others with similar interesting backgrounds.

If they interviewed you and put you on the alternate list, they think you're interesting. It sounds like it just depends on if the person who drops is similar to you.

For those on the alternate list, I spoke with USC yesterday and they said the final day to accept for those who interviewed last is this Friday. After that the committee will go over the alternates and make decisions. Last year they called alternates beginning May 1st, but I know the letters this year say we should have an update on our status mid-April. Good luck!

Another alternate update: I was just informed the class is full, but if people drop they will begin to notify people.