Barry University 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/31/2017 at 4:58 PM, DD2PA said:

Congrats to the both of you! I also applied to Miami. I hope I hear something soon as well. Barry is my top choice, I've met a few Barry pa students and they have nothing but good things to say about the program.

Hey @DD2PA  can you tell me more info about Barry U. I was offered an interview as well. I would just like to know more about the support for their students. Campus life and the program. 

7 minutes ago, nenaC said:

Has anyone applied late June to the miami and has received a notification from Barry that their application is under review?

I was applied June 21st and I have yet to hear back.

I was verified June 19th and sent GRE scores June 20th and have not heard anything. I also emailed them July 31st asking for an update/making sure they received my scores and still haven't receive a response.

3 minutes ago, mogrady said:

I was verified June 19th and sent GRE scores June 20th and have not heard anything. I also emailed them July 31st asking for an update/making sure they received my scores and still haven't receive a response.

I am guessing then they have not made it to end of June applications as yet. *sighs*. The waiting is unbearable. 

Well, your application has already gotten you an invite. I would postpone it until the following semester in case you have to reapply.

I was going to take a class this semester but withdrew since that money will have to be used towards hotels/car rentals for upcoming interviews.

1 hour ago, JD2012 said:

Well, your application has already gotten you an invite. I would postpone it until the following semester in case you have to reapply.

I was going to take a class this semester but withdrew since that money will have to be used towards hotels/car rentals for upcoming interviews.

Did you list it as "planned" ?

10 hours ago, abp_520 said:

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with some advice... 

the Barry website says that "all planned/in progress coursework must be completed with a grade of C or better by Dec 15th"

i had planned to retake Gen Chem I this fall because I got a C in it. And listed it as so on CASPA. 

But now that I have some interviews I really don't wanna pay $1000 to take it if not necessary. 

Technically I have already "passed the prerequisite with a C or better before dec 15th" when I took it some years ago. 

I've messaged Barry twice and they haven't gotten back to me about it. 

The drop date is coming up so idk what to do :-( 

Hi! Are you planning to retake the class to improve your app for this cycle or preparing for next year?? Many of the schools I've emailed won't allow me to send updates on grades, experiences, etc. But check with your schools, maybe they will! If your schools accept updates, I would take it this semester; but if they don't then I would postpone Gen Chem until spring of next year to improve 2018 application. 

I'm in a similar situation and planning for the future is so hard. :(

Good luck, I hope this helped!!

3 hours ago, nenaC said:

For those who have received interviews, when were you verified and what are your stats if you guys dont mind sharing?

applied: 5/29

Nothing is missing email received: 6/20

Interview Invite received: 7/31

cGPA 3.26 sGPA 3.28 but strong upward trend. 

went back to school for one semester to take 4 extra classes and got As in all. 

2300 hours as Patient Care Assistant (CNA) in a cardiac/progressive care unit of my hospital 

At work I have leadership roles including being a new hire trainer and Represent night shift for our unit's shared governance committee. 

Only about 4 short shadowing experiences totaling up to about 50-60 hrs. 

I have worked with habitat for humanity, volunteer at a children's hospital, Big Brothers Big Sisters mentor, and two medical mission trips in South America and Indonesia. Totalling up to about 550+ volunteer hours. 

i know Barry is really big on working with the underserved so I think my work with underserved communities is really what got me the interview despite having a pretty low GPA. That and the fact that I speak Spanish and applied very early. 

Hope this helps! 

Hey everyone, I'm a member of the St Pete 2019 class starting in August. I'll have answers to more of your questions once I start, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions now and I'll check the forum frequently. Good luck!

Congrats Michelle!!! I wish you all the best as you embark on this new journey. Please keep us updated about life on the other side of the application [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived