Barry University 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, medlabscientist said:

I still haven't heard anything from Barry. I submitted my CASPA back in June for the St. Croix campus, which I know is no longer going to be a campus. I'm not sure how they are going through the applications because I got an interview invitation at every other school I applied to and still haven't heard a peep from Barry, since my application confirmation back in June.

I am also frustrated with Barry because of this. From what I understand, they didn’t start looking at the st croix applications until a couple of months ago and at that time they decided to put them with the applications for the Miami campus. Which is unfair because the Miami campus already had many spots claimed so I feel we were put behind everyone else. I had an interview on the st croix campus last cycle and was waitlisted. I was excited to possibly have an opportunity to interview with Barry again but it looks like that won’t be happening :/ 

4 hours ago, cgates812 said:

I am also frustrated with Barry because of this. From what I understand, they didn’t start looking at the st croix applications until a couple of months ago and at that time they decided to put them with the applications for the Miami campus. Which is unfair because the Miami campus already had many spots claimed so I feel we were put behind everyone else. I had an interview on the st croix campus last cycle and was waitlisted. I was excited to possibly have an opportunity to interview with Barry again but it looks like that won’t be happening :/ 

Yeah, it really stinks that the St. Croix campus didn't even contact us to let us know what was going on, especially to let us know that there was no longer going to be a St. Croix campus... I feel like we should have had the option to be considered for the Miami campus or to receive a refund for our application fee. It's also not fair to those who applied to the Miami campus because now the pool of applicants is bigger, giving those people less of a chance of getting an interview. And it gives those who applied for the St. Croix campus an even lesser chance of getting an interview, since we were thrown into the mix of applicants after interviews for the Miami campus had already started.

On 4/17/2018 at 0:52 PM, hgill said:

I am in the same situation except I applied to the Miami campus. I have called multiple times and each time they tell me the same thing. That as soon as my status changes, whether that be rejection or interview invite, I will hear something via email. But I also was told they are only doing interviews through the end of April. 

I was told the same thing.

So I interviewed for the St. Pete location in March, and I’m not positive but from the information I got I was under the impression that they were approved by the committe for accreditation to open the additional 24 spots that would have been at the St. Croix location at the Miami location. That means they would have 74 spots in Miami. I’m not sure how they are going through the applications and I’m not 100% positive on this information (I was paying more attention to the St. Pete program information). I hope this helps! 

Hi everyone and congrats to those accepted! Anyone know how many seats are left? I know there was an interview yesterday, 4/20. I received an invitation to interview on 4/10 and didn't see the email until yesterday smh  so my only option was the May 4th interview date. I'm hoping I'm not too late and not just interviewing for the waitlist.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, longhornalum said:

Can those who got interviewed or accepted share your stats please? Just want to know where I stand in this pool! Hoping for an interview :/

Hi,

I was accepted in late January and will gladly share my stats with you.

My GPA was a 3.55, my GRE score was a combined 304 and a 4.0 on the writing,  I have around 4000 hours of patient care experience working full time in a fertility clinic for almost 2 years as an MA, and I have about 500 hours of volunteering.

My stats aren't very impressive, but I think different schools value different things in their applicants. I also believe that my personal statement really helped me with getting an interview invitation.

I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

I received a phone call inviting me to a May 4th interview yesterday. I plan on attending, but I too worry that its just an interview to put people on their waitlist. I'm coming in from out of town and I tried to ask how many seats they had left open but they wouldnt tell me. They just said, "We still have seats open" and that was it.

59 minutes ago, BDOR43 said:

I received a phone call inviting me to a May 4th interview yesterday. I plan on attending, but I too worry that its just an interview to put people on their waitlist. I'm coming in from out of town and I tried to ask how many seats they had left open but they wouldnt tell me. They just said, "We still have seats open" and that was it.

Hey congrats! Which campus did you apply to?

Has anyone from the 4/20 interview date heard back? I didn't realize they had more interviews after the 4/20 date until looking on here today. 

I spoke to Michelle last Friday and she said it would still be a while because the group hadn't met to discuss the applicants that interviewed yet. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cgates812 said:

Has anyone heard anything recently? I still haven't heard from Barry which I think is odd since it's already almost June!

I haven’t heard anything either. Last year I received my denial from the previous cycle sometime in June 

22 minutes ago, KKopec said:

Hey everyone! I just created the FB group for the class of 2020. We're still waiting on the roster for the incoming class. If you're accepted and plan on going here in the fall join the group so everyone can mingle and get any questions answered by current students! <https://www.facebook.com/groups/329376157592130/> Hopefully this link works, if not search by Barry University PA Program Class of 2020. 

Congrats everyone!

• 1 month later...

I know it’s very late in this cycle but I am curious for the St pete location if anyone has been called off the waitlist since January-now. 

I interviewed January 26th and heard back the following Tuesday that I was on the waitlist.

They never told us if the spot we were interviewing that day for was waitlist or into the class. 

Thanks everyone and good luck to all those about to start in August!

Archived