Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
medic25

Canadian APRNs blocked at the border

6 posts in this topic

Guess it's a good thing I'm not going to SEMPA this year - might not let me in thinking I'll be staying, lol.  That aside, I get the impression from some experiences I've had at the border that a lot of these Immigration and Customs and Border Patrol officers seem to have/feel they have extraordinary powers to do whatever they wish to whomever on a whim.  I find it a little weird that immigration and employment lawyers that deal with this sort of stuff for a living didn't see this coming at all either - one would have thought they'd have kept abreast of this given what's at stake for the employers, employees, and the patients they look after.

$0.02 (CDN)

SK

Problem is that we are getting rule changes and legislation that is very poorly thought out and enacted with out due diligence.

Twice we have had travel bans that have been challenged in court and enforcement suspended..... not much thought and planning going into new reg's right now... which leaves it up to interpretation, which empowers the guard at the border to be aggressive as he/she doesn't want to mess up and let someone in that should not have been let in......

Unwell condition we are in right now with these questions arising....

Problem is that we are getting rule changes and legislation that is very poorly thought out and enacted with out due diligence.

Twice we have had travel bans that have been challenged in court and enforcement suspended..... not much thought and planning going into new reg's right now... which leaves it up to interpretation, which empowers the guard at the border to be aggressive as he/she doesn't want to mess up and let someone in that should not have been let in......

Unwell condition we are in right now with these questions arising....

Without borders and laws, it's not a nation.........it's chaos. Blocking actions based on political agendas and "feelings" not the legal basis for the action leads to chaos and additional contempt for the rule of law.........