2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, khwaaa said:

Got a rejection email today. Bummer. Glad they're letting us know pretty early instead of baiting us for months.

Aw I'm sorry to hear that. Keep on trekking through this application process!

Do you mind if I ask when you submitted your application? 

cGPA: 3.1, sGPA: 3.1
Most recent 60h: 3.8 
Shadowing hours: 36 with 3 different PAs, a NP, 2 MDs
Volunteer hours: about 3,000
GRE: V160 Q159 W4.0
PCE: 12,000
Research in geriatric community health

Application verified June 27. Initial email from OHSU that they received my application was on Jul 5. Follow up email that my application was complete on Jul 7. Rejection email Jul 24. Good luck to the rest of you! I'll try again next year if I don't get in anywhere else.

On 7/26/2017 at 0:56 PM, khwaaa said:
cGPA: 3.1, sGPA: 3.1
Most recent 60h: 3.8 
Shadowing hours: 36 with 3 different PAs, a NP, 2 MDs
Volunteer hours: about 3,000
GRE: V160 Q159 W4.0
PCE: 12,000
Research in geriatric community health

Application verified June 27. Initial email from OHSU that they received my application was on Jul 5. Follow up email that my application was complete on Jul 7. Rejection email Jul 24. Good luck to the rest of you! I'll try again next year if I don't get in anywhere else.

WOW! your GRE and 60h GPA are great! And 12,000 hours too? I'm surprised you didn't at least get an interview. Do you feel your essays weren't strong?

52 minutes ago, vikster said:

Has anyone gotten any more interview offers? I submitted by app in early June, got confirmation in mid June that they received everything, but still havent heard back yet. I feel like I should have gotten at least a rejection email at this point. 

The email I received from them said it can take up to 10 weeks. 

I just heard back today, I submitted and was verified before the end of may. I was rejected though I am not too bummed as I already have had several offers and got into my school of choice. My stats are GRE 309, HCE 8000 hours, GPA 3.85 Science GPA 3.8. Good luck to you all hope this school if the one for you!

7 hours ago, MmmExtraGuac said:

Submitted my application at the end of May. Got an email with an interview invitation today. Was wondering if anyone has any insight on how much emphasis the program actually places on rural medicine. Thanks! 

Congratulation! Do you mind sharing your stats and interview date?

5 hours ago, Ineedaname said:

Congratulation! Do you mind sharing your stats and interview date?

Interview dates TBD! Awaiting a follow-up email. 

cGPA: 3.88
sGPA: 3.92
GPA for most recent 60h: 4.0
Shadowing hours: 166 with multiple PAs and physicians in multiple specialities and levels of acuity
Volunteer hours: 258
GRE: V 160, Q 158, W 5.5
PCE: 6,355

Hi all,

I didn't make it to interviews this year (first time applicant). They do not have time to give feedback, especially not right now but I have two things I KNOW I need to work on. I will try again next year! 

PS I have an airbnb in NE Portland so if anyone interviewing at OHSU or Pacific wants a comfortable place to stay please PM me. 

Good luck to all!

Received an email on 8/4 with an interview invite. No dates yet as they are TBD. 

Applied end of May, verified and received the "review process may take up to 10 weeks" email on June 2.

Overall GPA: 3.98

Science GPA: 3.7

(do not have higher level bio courses such as immunology-virology-genetics etc.. just "the basics")

GRE: V-154 Q-146 W-4.0

Claimed 12,000 hrs experience. I was an Army Special Forces Medic for ~ 10 years prior to leaving the service to pursue my undergrad/PA degree. 

(Edit)PS: Forgot to say, I'm super excited, this has been a goal I have been chasing for awhile.

I emailed them last week to see where they are with my application since I submitted it the first week of May.  They said they were extremely busy and will get to it late last week or early this week.  Now it's late in the current week, haven't heard back, and I can't hold my breath much longer!!  At least they respond to emails really quick!

I just received an email with an interview invitation! Interview dates are TBD, but they did say they will give us several dates to choose from within the next couple of weeks. I know many are probably wondering, so here are my stats...

Verified on 6/9

cGPA: 3.48

sGPA: 3.49

GRE: 146Q/156V 4.0 Writing

Patient Care Hours: 25,000+ (Been a full-time front line Paramedic/Firefighter for over 10 years)

Shadowing: 20 hours (Just a few shifts with a close personal PA friend of mine)

I can tell that OHSU is taking a holistic approach because as you can see by my stats, my GPA is not as strong as many other applicants. My GRE isn't that great either. But I may have made up for that in PCH's and my Personal Statement.

This is my first time applying and first interview invite. Best of luck to everyone applying and keep the faith!

I figure I have at least another 2 weeks or so before I hear back on a possible interview but the anticipation is killing me. I am constantly refreshing my email. Application was received and completed on 8/15. Hoping I get in with the minimum patient care experience hours but very hands on with a Letter of recommendation from an OHSU graduate. 

Just heard back from OHSU regarding interview dates. Here is some information in case anybody is wondering:

We interview 14-16 candidates on each day and fill the interviews on a first-come, first-serve basis, so there may be instances where your first choice date may be filled by the time you respond.

You will need to plan for a full day (7:50am-4pm) for the interview.  

Monday, October 2nd

Weds, October 11th

Monday, October 16th  

Weds, November 1st

The above interviews indicate the interview dates currently available for the 2017-18 admissions cycle.  Please keep in mind the OHSU PA Program utilizes rolling admissions.  Interviews are conducted through early January.  Seats in the class are offered and filled as the interviews progress.  However, we will not completely fill the class until we've met all qualified candidates during the interview season. The admissions committee will make final decision within 3-4 weeks of a candidate's interview and the candidate will be notified of their status at that time.  

Archived