2017-2018 Cycle

I just got an interview invitation earlier this afternoon! So excited, will have more interview dates to sign up by next week. Stats:

CASPA Verified: 7/7

cGPA: 3.44

sGPA: 3.51 (took a lot of upper biology/chem/physics courses)

~2000 hours ER Tech

~600 hours ER Scribe

~250 volunteer hours

GRE: 152 V , 159 Q, 4.5 W

CA Resident

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming on to say I got rejected 8/9 (pretty much immediately). On their website, they consider my occupation (med tech) as PCE but upon reading the description of my duties (mostly assays, some phlebotomy) they decided that it did not meet their standards.

Stats:

200 volunteer hours

>4500 hours as med tech

sGPA: 3.7

cGPA: 3.8

GRE: 80th percentile on Q/V, 4.0 on writing

It's a huge bummer because they were my top choice, but what can you do

3 hours ago, HighlandCH said:

I received an email from OHSU on August 10th saying my application was received and complete. Anyone else complete their application around this time and hear anything yet? I know they said it could take up to 10 weeks, but I'm getting anxious to hear.

I received that email on July 21 and also have not heard anything else since then.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone interview this week at all? Mine is scheduled for next week but I know that Monday (yesterday) was a scheduled day. If so, how did it go?! Did they give any insight into how soon after the interview they begin making notifications if accepted? I'll be sure to update the forum after my interview next week as well!

20 hours ago, fireman2241 said:

Did anyone interview this week at all? Mine is scheduled for next week but I know that Monday (yesterday) was a scheduled day. If so, how did it go?! Did they give any insight into how soon after the interview they begin making notifications if accepted? I'll be sure to update the forum after my interview next week as well!

They said they have 3 or 4 sessions this month, then they will meet on Oct 18th and send out decisions regarding all the previous interviews.

Archived