Update since I haven't posted in a while

Hi all,

Some of you may remember me as the engineer that had changed his career path to become a PA. Well, I figured since it's my spring break it'd be a good place to give an update on how things are going:

EMT course is going great! I just had to get a haircut and shave my beard to a nicely trimmed 'stache for ride times; I somehow got on the cheif's truck! I'm excited! All of the evals and testing is going well... it all makes perfect sense.. especially on our skills nights when we execute what we learn in the classroom and read in the big orange book. I live in Charlotte, so most likely I'll be picked up by MEDIC, the big EMS agency in our area. 

Pre-reqs: This semester has been amazing! I have an A in chemistry, B in bio, A in bio lab, and a B in Spanish. I'm hoping to pull up to all A's by the next update of assignments and tests and quizzes after break. I've been using the break as an actual break but also to go back and work through stuff that I needed to in some of the bio stuff.

After being an engineering major for two years I can say this on my own behalf: All of the calculus that I took (up to calc 3) and the physics classes, even though I don't necessarily use any of it, it's certainly prepared me for this rigor and feels somewhat relaxed compared to engineering, which is a relief. I'm sure once I get into bio chem and orgo, and etc that I'll be eating my own words but I can say I find it all really interesting too. 

I have yet to do any shadowing but I still have 2.5-3 years before I graduate, so I have no doubts.. I'm just focusing on the now. I've probably watched every PA vid, a lot of MD/DO and NP stuff as well just to see a big general aspect of the fields revolving around what I'd be doing as a PA. I'm still very strong in the PA mindset! It wouldn't hurt for me to do some volunteer work as well; I'm gonna look into that. 

Anyway, that's all I got! I haven't been on much since the semester started back in January but I thought I'd give an update! I hope all is well with everyone and I'll continue to update y'all on how it all continues to go and especially how my 12 hour shifts go with the chief! 

Y'all take care!

Has anyone ever told you that you look like a bearded Harry Potter?

All the time! haha; some things never change. I take it as a compliment.. we're both around the same age. I'm 26, and I think he's 27?  I usually grow my beard a lot longer, but this was the most presentable pic, and as a PA I would probably keep it trimmed to this length instead of how I usually keep it. 

All the time! haha; some things never change. I take it as a compliment.. we're both around the same age. I'm 26, and I think he's 27?  I usually grow my beard a lot longer, but this was the most presentable pic, and as a PA I would probably keep it trimmed to this length instead of how I usually keep it. 

You're lucky. I look more like a cross between Hagrid and Snape...

Archived