Time to Contribute to AAPA PAC

So got this email from AAPA today  

Nursing lobby get 3x's the funds in their PAC then AAPA!!!

AAPA has, in the past, been totally disconnected and not helpful - BUT they are now working hard and in the direction that they should be  - advocating for your profession.  Advancing us in the political realm.

This costs $$$

Even though personally money it tight right now I did a recurring quarterly $25 contribution - really not much.  ($100/year that's it)

BUT if we all did it  - well then AAPA PAC (this is not AAPA - this is the PAC) would have more resources and be able to better advocate for us!

So if you can (and most PAs should be able to) head on over to

https://www.aapa.org/advocacy-central/federal-advocacy/aapa-political-action-committee-pa-pac/?utm_source=pacentral_member&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=papac and make a contribution

i am in NO WAY associated with AAPA other then being a 15 yr practicing PA that still is slogging away in the trenches (and hoping AAPA can protect my profession and get us on equal footing to the other 'providers')

Guest Paula

OTC:  Donate to your state PAC then.  Are you a member of your state chapter?

I donated to the PAC with my renewal in December 2016.  Will continue this yearly until I  retire.

I donate to state PAC also.  

Boatswain2PA

sounds like it is time to reconsider joining AAPA

Seriously - they are working their tails off for us now and every little bit of $$ helps advance our profession...... you are making a comfortable living and enjoying the benefits of PA - pay it forward and make sure we will continue to enjoy the benefits (And really spending a few hundred bucks a year is nothing for a PA)

Boatswain2PA

sounds like it is time to reconsider joining AAPA

Seriously - they are working their tails off for us now and every little bit of $$ helps advance our profession...... you are making a comfortable living and enjoying the benefits of PA - pay it forward and make sure we will continue to enjoy the benefits (And really spending a few hundred bucks a year is nothing for a PA)

I would love to.  As soon as they apologize to Doctor/Secretary Ben Carson I will.

I would love to.  As soon as they apologize to Doctor/Secretary Ben Carson I will.

past history

they made A LOT of mistakes that were unforgivable, but in time I realized they are all we have on the PAC front and they have had a shake up an are now really moving forward...

forgive and move on....

They have certainly started to show that they will start fighting for our profession.  While I don't necessarily agree with everything they seem to be fighting for now (independence), at least the AAPA has started to show they can and will fight.

I guess I'm still waiting for some kind of evidence that they are no longer in the business of playing politically-correct-social-justice-warrior.  There are bigger things, to me, than my profession.  Enough of my tax money is diverted to ultra-left-wing causes, I am certainly not going to freely give to an organization that (may) still have such beliefs.

Enough of my tax money is diverted to ultra-left-wing causes, I am certainly not going to freely give to an organization that (may) still have such beliefs.

But this is where we all need to be a little bit careful in my mind..... if we are not supporting and pushing for PA I do believe their is a distinct possibility that our future growth, job security, and income levels all could be in jeopardy....

GE left my town 30 years ago - all the politician were so focused on protecting their little piece of the pie that they all missed the bigger picture that the pie was drastically shrinking.... now they are left to fight over crumbs......

Instead of infighting for the last 30 years they should have come together and fought for the common good and the. "Pie" would have grown instead of shrunk......

Jeff - it seem you made my point for me.  GE left town because the politicians and various organizations were fighting for their little piece of the pie.  The environmental groups want the factories shut down cause they harm the freckled spider, the unions want people paid $100/hour with free health care, meanwhile the globalists wanted open borders.

Nobody stepped back and said "Wait....those things are harmful to the NATION!"

Applying that the AAPA....they caved in to leftist organizations that, to this day, scream to shut down anyone with an opinion that differs from theirs.

That's harmful to the NATION.  

I love God more than my country.
I love my family more than my country.
I love my country more than I love my profession.

^^

no you misunderstood the time line

city was flourishing

GE left

no one had long term vision of getting in another company and just fought over keeping their little piece.... while the pie shrunk over the years.... and now is a tiny portion of what it was....

It was the politicians and citizens that never accepted the big picture - GE left, the town was going down

Instead they just kept their bias - and in fought....

I am proposing that we accept the AAPA STUNK ROYAL in the past!

Among other things they were stupid, passive, lazy, with out vision and basically supported them selves.....

And we suffered due to it (as a profession)  ie left out of hitech funds

Now however it takes the PA professional as a whole, putting this behind (forgive, never forget) but start to work towards the future and not so concerned with past mis-steps.

As for ranking your love's - good for you  - and you can take that to you grave, but you can also realize you life a very privileged life due to the country and profession you are in, and work towards preserving both - or no - that choice is yours. 

nuff said on this topic - we may choose to disagree and shake hands.

Since this will never happen, do you think you might consider not posting this nonsense and intentionally derailing every AAPA thread on the forum?

Could do without the moderators 'liking' your ridiculous trolling, too.

Jeff - Now I understand your post better, thank you.  And I agree with everything you said.

Steve - Nobody ever thought the AAPA would actually start fighting for the profession, that's why the PAFT was created.  Lo and behold, the AAPA is starting to fight for our profession.

Nobody ever thought the country would finally have enough of the PC/leftist crazyness, but lo and behold, President Trump was elected, just the biggest indicator that maybe the PC crazyness is dying.

Don't like my opinion, don't read.  Many people fought to protect your right to not listen to opposing viewpoints.  You can exercise that right to not listen, but you damn well won't remove my right to speak.

And while I have yet to see you actually bring any cogent points to any discussion yet, I wouldn't want anyone shut down your voice either.

But that is the difference between you and I.

Since this will never happen, do you think you might consider not posting this nonsense and intentionally derailing every AAPA thread on the forum?

Could do without the moderators 'liking' your ridiculous trolling, too.

I don't think that liking someone's post is a tacit agreement with their views. I often will like posters who views that I completely disagree with. I like their post because I appreciate a new point of view that lends something to the discussion and gives me something more to think about.

No such thing as a right to speak on physicianassistantforum.

That may be true, but it would not be much of a forum if people are not granted very wide latitude. No reason for moderators to have any less latitude than the rest of us. The lack of ability to frankly discuss political beliefs is disappointing, but this isn't my sandbox. Sounds like someone peed in your cornflakes.

I was in the House of Delegates a bunch of times. My observation was that AAPA was a clusterfrack of mismanagement and leftism for decades. Opposing viewpoints were laughed at and shut down. The leadership was very skilled at using parliamentary procedure to push their will through. I forget the exact issues, but I personally witnessed things get voted down on the floor only to get resurrected through motions to reconsider and suddenly pass. The guy who ran the bible fellowship was routinely laughed at (and I think he was a veteran, as well.)

AAPA can win credibility back, but it will take some time. I will acknowledge they have been showing positive signs.

This is an open and public forum

We all need to act and discuss as the professional adults we are

If you are not capable to doing this, or only want to "stir the pot" or attack other members we would ask that you moderate your own comments.

As stated this is a public open forum, which is the largest PA specific forum that I am aware of. It reflects poorly on the profession to have petty bickering and infighting over nonsense.

Funny that this thread turned this direction as Boats and I were the original one's to disagree - we talked thought it - agreed on some points, agreed to disagree on others, and have moved on. Others have since jumped in and tried to stir up more conflict.

This thread has run it's course and is now closed due to being so far off the initial post.

Archived