UNMC 2017-2018 Applicants

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello guys, I am new here.

I am planning to apply to UNMC PA program this summer and I would really like to hear your experiences and anything that you think really helped you through the process. I am taking the GRE in June and I have been studying for this. Verbal reasoning has been particularly challenging because well, english is my second language and many words are new! but I have been working really hard on this.

My grades and GPA is great as well as medical experience. Anything that you guys think was important?

Thanks in advance, and if any of you is studying to retake the GRE please let me know and maybe we can meet a few times.

ksanchezmederos@unomaha.edu

Keyla

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ksanchez,

I think you'll have a good chance if you have a good GPA, medical experience along with a good GRE (higher than 150's and 4 on analytical writing).  Also make sure you have a really thought out personal statement for your application.  Discuss one of your favorite medical experiences and how that made you want to be a physician assistant.  Some people use personal but I used my medical experience background.  I received an interview based on these things but unfortunately I'm on the waiting list.  I think I'm on the waiting list because I didn't really shadow at all (Only 3 hours) :(.  I work full time so it was difficult for me to find shadowing opportunities so if you get a chance make sure you shadow a good amount of time.  I think they prefer like 60 hours. 

On 2/12/2018 at 10:26 AM, ash09 said:

Got accepted off the waitlist to the Kearney campus...I preferenced the omaha campus so not yet sure if I will accept. Keep an eye on your email if you  were waitlisted :))

What did you end up deciding? I also got accepted off the waitlist to Kearney but not sure what to do since I would much rather attend the Omaha campus. I have family there that I could live with and I really don't learn well through distance-learning programs like Kearney's.. I don't know if they'd put me back on the waitlist for Omaha if I asked, but also don't know if I want to take that chance either. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 3:32 PM, kenzie2012 said:

What did you end up deciding? I also got accepted off the waitlist to Kearney but not sure what to do since I would much rather attend the Omaha campus. I have family there that I could live with and I really don't learn well through distance-learning programs like Kearney's.. I don't know if they'd put me back on the waitlist for Omaha if I asked, but also don't know if I want to take that chance either. 

I ended up declining my spot. I also didn't like the distance-learning program. I never did ask about being put back on the Omaha waitlist, i figured they wouldn't do that. Good luck to you!!!

Archived