University of Iowa 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the call from Kaila for an interview! I'm actually based in Iowa City, so if anyone expects to be coming in for the Jan 12/13th interview date I'd be happy to show you around and grab a bite to eat before the big day.

Timeline for those interested:

7/24: Application Received from CASPA

9/14: UI Initial Review - Application Complete

10/4: Interview/Hold Status

11/1: Invitation to interview for 11/10 & 11/11, Re-scheduled due to conflict for 1/12 & 1/13

On 11/7/2017 at 2:31 PM, IoanaPA said:

If you are on interview hold does that mean you will definitely have the chance to interview? I have still not heard back after being placed on interview hold status.

It means they are going to review your application again before the next interview. It doesn't guarantee you an interview, but it means you are still in the running. There are very few people that get invited for interviews (From what I've heard) that weren't previously placed on hold. 

10 hours ago, NeatGuy said:

Got the call from Tom yesterday informing me of my acceptance! Still so hard to believe! I was a part of the October 20th/21st interview dates. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! Stay positive, trust the process, and great things will happen! 

Congrats!! 

On 11/20/2017 at 10:34 AM, mitteh71 said:

Does anyone know if there will be any more interview invites sent out for January?

From what I understand about the process at Iowa, they can send out invites as late as 1-2 weeks prior to each interview date. There is one more interview session January 12th/13th.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2017 at 6:48 PM, JamiHagemann said:

I received a January interview as well! Cant wait!

Oh, that was just my wishful thinking in regards to my interview-hold status; still have yet to receive an interview. Anyone know if there's a chance they would send out invites this closely to the January interview dates? Regardless, my fingers are still crossed.

Archived