University of Iowa 2017-2018 Applicants

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Southpaw45 said:

Any recent news on Iowa's Program?  I had sent application Late Aug.   

No recent postings on interviews, spots, etc.    Most of the current post had early submissions....

Good Luck

I submitted mine late Aug. as well! I got an email today saying the placed me as a interview hold candidate.

27 minutes ago, NeatGuy said:

CASPA Verified: 7/17

Application "Complete" Email: 8/26

Interview "Hold" Email: 9/24

Interview Invite: 9/26 

Interview Date(s): 10/20 & 10/21

Good luck to everyone applying!

Oh wow you got off the interview hold within two days! That’s amazing! Good luck on your interview ?

3 hours ago, sana1027 said:

Oh wow you got off the interview hold within two days! That’s amazing! Good luck on your interview ?

It came as a bit of surprise to me as well! Judging by some of the previous posts, I wasn't expecting to hear anything for at least another couple of weeks at the very minimum and I was certainly prepared for longer. So it was definitely a nice surprise. Thank you! I believe that the interview-hold is a good thing so fingers crossed that you hear back soon! 

On 10/13/2017 at 9:10 AM, Hesheridan said:

I submitted 8/17. Got interview hold email on 10/11. Has anyone heard of someone getting an interview without being on the hold list? Also I hear there is an interview in November and a final one in January so I'm hoping to get into one of those.

I first received an email informing me I was on the interview hold list, but I checked my junk email and for whatever reason found the second email I received from Iowa informing me of my interview invitation. Both emails were sent out the same day, so definitely check all your folders! I'll be interviewing tomorrow and Saturday.

Does anyone know the likelihood of getting in right out of undergrad?  A couple areas concern me:

1 - PCE hours   I went out of the way to get hours in and I should meet requirements even with the way the program accepts the experience (Phleb 100%, Trainer 25%, Lab Tech 50%, Clinical work 50%)

2 - Requirements state undergraduate degree - although I asked, and they stated can be In progress.  All prerequisites are completed.

Thanks

1 hour ago, 31steff said:

Has anybody from the October 20/21 interview session heard anything yet?

Hey I was wondering if you can share your interview experience and any tips you can give me in order to prepare. It will be my first MMI format interview and I'm nervous about it. 

10 minutes ago, sana1027 said:

Hey I was wondering if you can share your interview experience and any tips you can give me in order to prepare. It will be my first MMI format interview and I'm nervous about it. 

I don't think I should share any specific details, but I will say that all the faculty and staff were very friendly and really put me at ease during the process.  The week prior to your interview they also send you an email with a link to a video that goes over the MMI process, and that is super helpful! Overall the best advice is to be yourself and try to relax!

7 minutes ago, 31steff said:

I don't think I should share any specific details, but I will say that all the faculty and staff were very friendly and really put me at ease during the process.  The week prior to your interview they also send you an email with a link to a video that goes over the MMI process, and that is super helpful! Overall the best advice is to be yourself and try to relax!

Oh yeah I don't want specific details, just general info. Oh okay so they send us a video on how it is going to be, perfect then! Thank you :) Hope you hear back soon!! 

Archived