University of Iowa 2017-2018 Applicants

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in December we got an email from Kaila/Tom indicating that they would like us to wait until March when we receive the first official "welcome" email. They just want to fill each seat and finalize

I was there and Tom just called me! Needless to say, if Iowa City calls you today, you should answer it

I interviewed way back and September and just got the call today! I’m very surprised and have a very important decision to make!!

I'm planning on applying this cycle as well! It'll be my first time applying to PA schools; I've heard it's common to not get in on your first cycle, so a bit nervous! 

This will be my second time applying to schools but my first time for U of Iowa. I have also heard that most people do not get in their first time applying so I didn't feel too bad when I didn't get accepted last year!

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

its going to be an interesting ride since i'm applying to medical school too. I find myself to be a competitive applicant, we will see. Does anyone know how many people they interview, and if U-Iowa move quickly on their application process. 

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone get a confirmation email from U of Iowa after their CASPA application was verified and completed? I got emails from every other school I applied to saying "they had received my application" or something, but haven't heard anything from Iowa yet.

Not sure if that is normal or if I should follow up with them.

On 7/2/2017 at 10:41 AM, Jen04 said:

Did anyone get a confirmation email from U of Iowa after their CASPA application was verified and completed? I got emails from every other school I applied to saying "they had received my application" or something, but haven't heard anything from Iowa yet.

Not sure if that is normal or if I should follow up with them.

I have not received anything.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sana1027 said:

Do y'all think its too late to submit the application? I'm not certain if my stats are good enough. 

It's still well before their deadline, so although you aren't super early, I don't think it's necessarily too late. As far as stats go, I believe they look at the entire application, and you'll never know if you don't try! Best of luck if you do decide to apply=)

18 hours ago, kelzie said:

It's still well before their deadline, so although you aren't super early, I don't think it's necessarily too late. As far as stats go, I believe they look at the entire application, and you'll never know if you don't try! Best of luck if you do decide to apply=)

Hey Kelzie- Do you mind sharing your stats with me? I just want to get a rough idea in what they are looking for. If you can message me them that would be awesome :)