Touro University 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excited to meet everyone 8/29 !!

I'm landing on Monday at 11:30am and leaving Tuesday evening. Message me if you wanna meet up before/after to eat or anything! I think it'll be fun to hang out since we'll probablyy be collaborating with the group interview and throughout the day hehe

Best wishes :))

On 8/22/2017 at 8:29 PM, SunDevil said:

For those who have interviewed already, do you do the group interview with all 8 other candidates or do they break you up into smaller groups? And then you do an individual interview with a faculty member? 

No individual interview. Just do one group interview

On 8/22/2017 at 7:29 PM, SunDevil said:

For those who have interviewed already, do you do the group interview with all 8 other candidates or do they break you up into smaller groups? And then you do an individual interview with a faculty member? 

They broke us up into 2 groups of 8 for the group interview and then after you do the individual with one faculty member. My faculty member actually asked me a few questions but I heard from other candidates that they were not asked anything except if they had any questions which was a little strange! 

8 hours ago, iron_girl said:

They broke us up into 2 groups of 8 for the group interview and then after you do the individual with one faculty member. My faculty member actually asked me a few questions but I heard from other candidates that they were not asked anything accept if they had any questions which was a little strange! 

Ya my interviewee only asked me if i had questions. This worries me ?

4 hours ago, FuturePAStudent01 said:

Does anybody know if they are still sending out interview invites? I submitted my supplemental on 7/28 and received a confirmation email saying  my application was under review on 8/3. I haven't heard anything since, I am wondering if I submitted my application too late for interview consideration. Any thoughts?

On the same boat as well. Anybody know if they're still extending interview invites?

8 hours ago, HomageFist said:

When did you interview, and did they give you guys a time frame of when you would expect to hear back?

I interviewed 8/29 and they told us we would hear back 8/31 or 9/1. But they said the 2 interview groups before us also had to wait until those dates to hear back, so maybe they just make decisions at the end of every month? Or possibly at the end of every 3rd interview group? Not entirely sure. 

On 9/2/2017 at 1:26 AM, iron_girl said:

I interviewed 8/29 and they told us we would hear back 8/31 or 9/1. But they said the 2 interview groups before us also had to wait until those dates to hear back, so maybe they just make decisions at the end of every month? Or possibly at the end of every 3rd interview group? Not entirely sure. 

Hello, I was wondering what kind of questions they asked during group interviews?

On 8/29/2017 at 9:43 PM, iron_girl said:

They broke us up into 2 groups of 8 for the group interview and then after you do the individual with one faculty member. My faculty member actually asked me a few questions but I heard from other candidates that they were not asked anything except if they had any questions which was a little strange! 

What were the questions like for the group interview? Did everyone have the opportunity to answer individual questions?

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:26 PM, iron_girl said:

Has anybody from the 8/22 interview heard anything?  I haven't yet.  He made it sound like they would be looking at everything this week.

20 hours ago, DancingPA said:

What were the questions like for the group interview? Did everyone have the opportunity to answer individual questions?

I'm not sure if I can give details, but the first couple were ice-breaker type questions, all pretty straight-forward and easy. For the rest of them, make sure you have a solid understanding of why you want to go there, and they will ask some behavioral questions so be prepared for those. In mine, they would choose 1 to 3 people to answer one question, so no one was like fighting over who would talk next which was pretty nice. So no, each person only answered about 4-5 questions. 

For those that have interviewed or visited the school already, how did the relationship seem between faculty and students? Were you able to talk to the students alone and pick their brains a bit?

my interview is coming up the 19th and I'd like to just get s general idea of how the whole process goes. Congratulations to those that have already been accepted as well!

On 9/20/2017 at 10:55 PM, KG888 said:

FYI: I believe they are still sending interview invites. However, I am under the impression there are limited slots because the interviews will conclude at the end of October. Good luck to everyone during this cycle!

Thanks for the update! I am one of the many patiently waiting for an interview invite:)

Archived