hgill

Touro University 2017-2018 Applicants

147 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2017 at 10:55 PM, KG888 said:

FYI: I believe they are still sending interview invites. However, I am under the impression there are limited slots because the interviews will conclude at the end of October. Good luck to everyone during this cycle!

Thanks for the update! I am one of the many patiently waiting for an interview invite:)

Hi everyone :) I interviewed on the 5th and I still haven't heard back but I believe they wait until the end of the month to review all of the interviews they had from that month and make their decision then. 

3 minutes ago, DancingPA said:

Hi everyone :) I interviewed on the 5th and I still haven't heard back but I believe they wait until the end of the month to review all of the interviews they had from that month and make their decision then. 

Is it what's happening? I was, too, wondering when we would hear back. I interviewed on the 5th as well. The first group (the first three interview dates) heard back two days after the third interview date. I was thinking if they decide every three weeks, it could have been yesterday.

But I hope they just do it in the end of the month.

Anyone heard back from 9/5-9/19 interview dates?

I think it's a Jewish holiday, so the office was closed yesterday and today. I think we are supposed to hear back every 3 interview groups, so we'll probably hear something next week. 

27 minutes ago, nannp said:

I think it's a Jewish holiday, so the office was closed yesterday and today. I think we are supposed to hear back every 3 interview groups, so we'll probably hear something next week. 

OMG, didnt think about it at all! You are right. Thank you, you saved my day. I was getting pretty depressed.

Lets patiently wait with hope!!

Michael Wilson mentioned on the 19th that some of us will hear back this coming Monday. The rest of us will have to wait until the end of October when the committee meets again. Each round, they review each applicant. 

1 hour ago, KG888 said:

Michael Wilson mentioned on the 19th that some of us will hear back this coming Monday. The rest of us will have to wait until the end of October when the committee meets again. Each round, they review each applicant. 

Oh cool, thank you!

2 hours ago, DancingPA said:

If anyone hears back today please let us know :) Good luck to everyone!!

Mr. Wilson said decision hasn't been made for the 9/5-9/19 group yet, so don't freak out if you don't get a call today. Hope we hear back soon!

3 minutes ago, eringihime said:

Mr. Wilson said decision hasn't been made for the 9/5-9/19 group yet, so don't freak out if you don't get a call today. Hope we hear back soon!

You spoke with him today? This is all so nerve-wracking. 

13 minutes ago, eringihime said:

Thank you for updating all of us! :) 

I just got a missed call from them. I called back and it was voicemail. Im so nervous

58 minutes ago, MaiCO said:

I just got a missed call from them. I called back and it was voicemail. Im so nervous

Did you get in?? If it was from Dr. Tobin, you must have!

1 hour ago, eringihime said:

Did you get in?? If it was from Dr. Tobin, you must have!

Im in!!!!!!!!

Congrats guys!!! Were any of you in the group from September 5th? Or were you all after that? Im so happy for you all!!!!!

11 minutes ago, DancingPA said:

Congrats guys!!! Were any of you in the group from September 5th? Or were you all after that? Im so happy for you all!!!!!

I am from 5th! I wasn't expecting today, so super surprised. Im so excited!!

I was in the September 5th interview and I got my acceptance email as well! 

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far. Has anyone from Sept. 19 interview heard back? 

Do you guys think that they will be making more phone calls tomorrow or next week? Congrats to everyone!!!!

18 hours ago, DancingPA said:

Do you guys think that they will be making more phone calls tomorrow or next week? Congrats to everyone!!!!

I think that all the early acceptances are done and the rest of us will have to wait until the end of October to hear decisions. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I feel very fortunate to have earned a spot in the interview process, especially after reading about everyone else's timelines. Here is mine:

• 8/18 - TUN CASPA application submitted/completed/verified
  • 8/21 - Invitation to complete supplemental application; completed same day
  • 8/24 - Supplemental application verified as received and under review
  • 9/11 - Waitlisted for interview
  • 9/26 - Invited for interview

I am scheduled to interview on October 10th. I am so nervous! Anyone else have any advice for the interview process? I feel a little better after reading some of the posts on this thread, at least!

Good luck to everyone!

On 9/30/2017 at 0:28 PM, futurePAemray said:

I feel very fortunate to have earned a spot in the interview process, especially after reading about everyone else's timelines. Here is mine:

I am scheduled to interview on October 10th. I am so nervous! Anyone else have any advice for the interview process? I feel a little better after reading some of the posts on this thread, at least!

Good luck to everyone!

As cliche as it sounds, answer truthfully. The faculty are trying to get to know you as a person instead of just stats on a piece of paper. I feel those that did the best in my interview group were the individuals that answered uniquely and shared life experiences rather than what they felt they wanted the faculty to hear. 95% is a relaxed atmosphere which i really enjoyed. 

On 9/30/2017 at 0:28 PM, futurePAemray said:

Good luck to everyone!

What made a difference for me is going in with the mindset that these candidates could be my future classmates. Answer honestly while also taking the time to listen to others' stories. Good luck! :)

I haven’t gotten any emails yet, but I certainly did not feel confident after my interview day. :/ ‘Twas a learning experience, at least!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting for an answer, and congrats to those with acceptances!!

I just received an acceptance email this afternoon! I interviewed Oct 10th. I am beyond thrilled and so relieved! Good luck to all of you and I look forward to meeting our TUN PA class of 2020!

4 hours ago, PAresponsibility said:

I just received an acceptance email this afternoon! I interviewed Oct 10th. I am beyond thrilled and so relieved! Good luck to all of you and I look forward to meeting our TUN PA class of 2020!

Congratulations! I interviewed the same day and was accepted as well! I wonder if we were in the same interview group.

Good luck to everyone this cycle!

8 minutes ago, Kjenkins520 said:

Anyhow from the September 26th group hear anything yet?  They told us late october

Yes, I got an acceptance email around 2:30 today!

1 hour ago, Kjenkins520 said:

Anyhow from the September 26th group hear anything yet?  They told us late october

1 hour ago, K8lin said:

Yes, I got an acceptance email around 2:30 today!

Got mine today as well! 

Has anyone gotten a rejection or waitlist email from the Sept 26th group? I still haven’t heard anything

3 hours ago, HopefulPAS said:

Has anyone gotten a rejection or waitlist email from the Sept 26th group? I still haven’t heard anything

I’m from the September 5th group and still haven’t heard anything back

I had my interview Sept 19th and I still have not heard anything. The waiting is killing me!