South University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For everyone who got an interview, did you guys all get a 300 or above on the GRE? I did a little below 300 and I am a little worried about it.

I got right at 300 and 4.0 for writing and took the GRE twice. My GPA is not very high (3.2/3.3 and 3.5 for post bacc). I think they will look at the application holistically. I have a lot of shadowing hours, patient contact hours, and volunteer hours. This is my second year applying for PA school, but first time for South university. I was waitlisted for this year at another school so don't sweat it. If your grades are not as high, you can make up for in other areas. If you received an interview, then you have passed the first round and meet the criteria with the scores you submitted. Hope that helps ????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Good Morning Everyone! I wanted to see if anyone else was being interviewed on July 13th, at 1:00pm? I'd like to say hello there! I feel like this thread is such a great support network. 

This was my timeline so far: 

CASPA Verified: May 19th 

South University Application Received: May 24th 

Call for Interview: June 9th 

Looking forward to meeting everybody, and interviewing with South University

According to the FAQ on the South Univesity website, "the applicant will undergo three seperate interviews that will each be 15 minutes in length. Additionally, there are writing exercises that will be conducted throughout the day." That is the only public information I have been able to find in regards to interview style. 

59 minutes ago, EmergenSea said:

According to the FAQ on the South Univesity website, "the applicant will undergo three seperate interviews that will each be 15 minutes in length. Additionally, there are writing exercises that will be conducted throughout the day." That is the only public information I have been able to find in regards to interview style. 

Oh yeah I saw that too I just didn't know if that was updated and if anyone had found any additional info about the style. Thanks though! 

On 7/1/2017 at 10:38 AM, todestinationwhitecoat said:

@EmergenSea Hi! I'm going to be at the July 13th interview. I'm so excited and nervous! It'll be my first interview. 

My timeline:

Submitted Caspa on June 8th 

Verified by June 9th

Received an invite about a week ago :)

Also, I'm not sure if I'm replying correctly on this forum. Hopefully it replies as it should. Lol

Hello @todestinationwhitecoat. That's wonderful! It will be my first PA school interiew as well, and I am definitely excited. Let me know if you would like to chat at all prior to the interviews. Otherwise, maybe see you there! 

Archived