South University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

Before I start this order for Castlebranch, has anyone already registered for their background check that can give me some insight? The email was very vague...says I have to open the link by July 19, not that I had to have the background check done by then. When registering, do they give you an option to choose the date to perform the background check or is this just an order to be made so that it is ready to be performed on the day of the interview? I haven't gotten any feedback from the school other than the link to castlebranch...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I start this order for Castlebranch, has anyone already registered for their background check that can give me some insight? The email was very vague...says I have to open the link by July 19, not that I had to have the background check done by then. When registering, do they give you an option to choose the date to perform the background check or is this just an order to be made so that it is ready to be performed on the day of the interview? I haven't gotten any feedback from the school other than the link to castlebranch...

no option for dates. It just says "to do list" and has like 5 different types of screenings that you have to complete

Received an email from the administrative assistant stating: "Please be aware that for all of those that are outside of Florida we are resolving the fingerprinting issue, so that you will be able to do this in your current location. An email will be sent out once the issue has been resolved."

Hope this helps!

Received an email from the administrative assistant stating: "Please be aware that for all of those that are outside of Florida we are resolving the fingerprinting issue, so that you will be able to do this in your current location. An email will be sent out once the issue has been resolved."

Hope this helps!

Thankyou! This relieves some stress for sure!

For those of you out-of-state like myself, do you think it's wise to go ahead and order the background check package now or wait until they resolve the issue? I feel like this is a bit unorganized...i was also told there will be no itinerary given besides the phone call stating the date and time of your interview.

Just FYI, I logged into CastleBranch this morning and there are now instructions on how to do your fingerprints if you live outside of Florida. Just look under FDLE-Inkcard Submission. There is a series of steps to go through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did you submit?

May 17th. So definitely don't get discouraged!! Lots of people applied after me and got interview offers before me. And as you can see it took over a month for me to get my invite while some people heard back within a week.

For everyone who got an interview, did you guys all get a 300 or above on the GRE? I did a little below 300 and I am a little worried about it.

I got right at a 300 (my quantitative score sucked), so I'm definitely worried that will hold me back with some of the programs. But, I have an interview with South, so maybe GRE isn't weighed as heavily if the rest of your application is really strong. Good luck!

Yea, both of my scores were low. My total was 284, and 3.0 for the essay. My GPA is 3.71 and science GPA was 3.49. I have a lot of shadowing and hands on experience, it's just my GRE I am worried about. I didn't have time to retake it, so I figured I'll see how my luck is. I am so nervous.

Just a thought, if you are willing to look outside of Florida, there are some schools that do not require the GRE. If that is your only weak spot, you may want to consider applying to some of those too. That's what I did. My total of 300 (& a 4.0 on the writing) may not be good enough for some of the places I applied, but it really just depends on how important the GRE score is to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived