Rosalind Franklin 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/27/2017 at 11:13 AM, RuthD said:

I received a confirmation email on July 24 that my application was 'complete and ready for committee review'. Today marks a few days over a month has anyone else not heard back? 

I'm in the same boat except I received that email on July 27th. Have you heard anything?

11 minutes ago, sarahbellum said:

This week marks 8 weeks since the "complete and ready for review" email I got. Should I contact them or has anyone else been in the same boat and they've just said its still under review? 

this seems to be happening to everyone (extremely long wait), including me. i emailed and all they said was i should hear back from them soon. i did end up hearing back and received an interview invite, but i don't think me emailing them helped any 

3 minutes ago, eliam22 said:

this seems to be happening to everyone (extremely long wait), including me. i emailed and all they said was i should hear back from them soon. i did end up hearing back and received an interview invite, but i don't think me emailing them helped any 

When is your interview, and if you already had it did you already get an admission decision?

3 minutes ago, eliam22 said:

it was august 25, we haven't heard back yet 

Did you get a continued consideration email or application is being held for futher review before your invite. I got the latter and I'm just seeing if there were anyone that was in that situation and it eventually led to an interview invite.

I got my email this morning letting me know that I've been accepted! I'm so far beyond excited that I don't even know the right words for it because RFUMS was my top choice. I interviewed on August 25th, and they were right on with their timeline (they told us that we should have our decisions by today). Good luck to everyone else that applied, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

1 hour ago, ClimbingRhino said:

I got my email this morning letting me know that I've been accepted! I'm so far beyond excited that I don't even know the right words for it because RFUMS was my top choice. I interviewed on August 25th, and they were right on with their timeline (they told us that we should have our decisions by today). Good luck to everyone else that applied, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

Congrats!!! Well deserved. Do you mind sharing your stats and the timeline of when you submitted and received your interview invite?

1 hour ago, tjl2888 said:

Congrats!!! Well deserved. Do you mind sharing your stats and the timeline of when you submitted and received your interview invite?

Thanks! And I don't mind sharing at all. I submitted my completed application on June 12th, received my interview invitation on June 20th for the August 25th interview date, and had an admission decision exactly two weeks after the interview (Today, September 8th).

cGPA: 2.78
sGPA: 3.86
PCE: 500 hours EMT-B; 6,000 hours ED tech at a Level I trauma center
GRE: 162V 155Q 4.0W
Extracurriculars: Executive board of rehabilitation careers club at university, exercise physiology tutor, honor society member, former board member of municipal council to encourage job growth in STEM fields for young professionals

Just a note on my cGPA - I had a 2.07 after my first attempt at college (2005-2011), but after returning to college to take my EMT certification course in 2014, I took another 100 credit hours including almost all of my science courses and kept up a 4.00 GPA. It was my strong upward trend that helped get me interviews, otherwise that 2.78 would've been a huge dealbreaker for most programs.

21 minutes ago, ClimbingRhino said:

Thanks! And I don't mind sharing at all. I submitted my completed application on June 12th, received my interview invitation on June 20th for the August 25th interview date, and had an admission decision exactly two weeks after the interview (Today, September 8th).

cGPA: 2.78
sGPA: 3.86
PCE: 500 hours EMT-B; 6,000 hours ED tech at a Level I trauma center
GRE: 162V 155Q 4.0W
Extracurriculars: Executive board of rehabilitation careers club at university, exercise physiology tutor, honor society member, former board member of municipal council to encourage job growth in STEM fields for young professionals

Just a note on my cGPA - I had a 2.07 after my first attempt at college (2005-2011), but after returning to college to take my EMT certification course in 2014, I took another 100 credit hours including almost all of my science courses and kept up a 4.00 GPA. It was my strong upward trend that helped get me interviews, otherwise that 2.78 would've been a huge dealbreaker for most programs.

I had a strong upward trend as well, including a high grad school gpa. you had a better GRE than me, and I was only a scribe so maybe they like EMT and ED tech better. I also think me applying July 3rd was a factor, but I got that 'being held for further review' email, so it's not a rejection. I hope my name turns up when they do this upcoming round of interview invites. I've only received one rejection and an interview waitlist. Otherwise I haven't heard back from any schools since confirming that my file was complete. Still optimistic. 

1 minute ago, tjl2888 said:

I had a strong upward trend as well, including a high grad school gpa. you had a better GRE than me, and I was only a scribe so maybe they like EMT and ED tech better. I also think me applying July 3rd was a factor, but I'm still being held for further review so I hope my name turns up when they do this upcoming round of interview invites. I've only received one rejection and a interview waitlist. Otherwise I haven't heard back from any schools since confirming that my file was complete. Still optimistic. 

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! There are still several schools that I applied to that I haven't heard anything back from yet, either, so I wouldn't start worrying too much at this point. It's a long cycle and there's still plenty of time left for interviewing.

2 minutes ago, ClimbingRhino said:

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! There are still several schools that I applied to that I haven't heard anything back from yet, either, so I wouldn't start worrying too much at this point. It's a long cycle and there's still plenty of time left for interviewing.

You didn't get an email saying your were held for continuous consideration or held for further review correct? Just the interview invite?

19 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

You didn't get an email saying your were held for continuous consideration or held for further review correct? Just the interview invite?

I was accepted as of yesterday. 

Application file is complete: June 13

Continued consideration: June 20

Interview invite: July 26 (only available date was 10/10, but I emailed and let them know I would be available for a sooner date if one became available) 

Interviewed: August 25

Accepted: September 8

On 8/30/2017 at 4:28 PM, thec2020 said:

Submitted CASPA: July 9

File is Complete Confirmation: July 13

Continued Consideration E-mail: August 17

Interview Invite: August 30

When I chose the interview date, the 11/17 afternoon option was the only one left, so I'm assuming (based on what was said in prior posts in this thread) that within the next few days, all initial interview offers will be sent out and people will start getting notification of whether or not they'll be waitlisted to interview.

I think I gave out some false information when I said this! When referring back to their website (and last year's forum posts), they interview into February and I believe they sent out interview invites up until early December last year! So don't give up hope!

On 9/8/2017 at 4:43 PM, ClimbingRhino said:

Hi @ClimbingRhino, congrats on your acceptance! I have an interview this Friday and I wanted to see if you had any suggestions for preparing? I haven't done an MMI yet and I'm a little nervous. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks @Emrose, and good luck on Friday! I'll give you a bit of the advice that I've given to others that have asked. 

I know you've probably heard this a million times already, but try not to be nervous! Be yourself, know why you're a good fit for Rosalind, and why you think the school is a good fit for you. Also, when you're done with one interviewer in the MMI, move on. That one is done, and you'll be starting over with a clean slate with each station so there's no reason to sweat the small stuff. The interviewers are there to get to know you and see if you'll be a good fit for the cohort that they're building and for the program. You made it to the interview already which is a big accomplishment by itself, so be proud of that, and let your personality shine!

Also, if you're in the area the day/night before, I'd highly suggest seeing if some other applicants want to meet up for dinner or something. It'll help you relax and give you at least a couple people that you recognize in the room the next day. There are some decent places near Rosalind in Lake Bluff, and if you head a little closer to Chicago there are a ton of options.

15 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

Has anyone received interview invites for October or later dates? Anyone that initially received the email "continued consideration" or "held for further review" receive an interview invite for these dates?

I initially received that anxiety inducing email and I do indeed have an interview now on October 20!!! Anyone else on here on that date?

Archived