Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.69

Age at application time : 23

GRE: V 155 Q 156 W 4.0

Healthcare experience  : 

900 hrs EMT-B

60 hrs Spanish Medical Interpreter 

100 hrs shadowing a doctor in Mexico

20 hrs shadowing a PA

2 one-week long mission trips to South America.

I don't think my stats are the best and I believe what helped me more was the experiences with underserved communities and the medical missions. It does state on their website that those types of experiences add extra value.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mitteh71 said:

Congratulations everyone! I got straight up rejected. Not even wait-listed. I thought the interview went well but obviously it didn't. 

Aww no :(( this happened to a fellow interviewee friend of mine who I got really close with just at the interview! She also felt she did really well and was surprise she didn't even get waitlisted. I'm so sorry. I hope you've gotten in elsewhere. It's their loss!

10 minutes ago, tnguyen0503 said:

I GOT ACCEPTED TOO AND I AM SO SO EXCITED!!!!!

This is my top choice, so I am for sure putting my deposit down and I can’t wait to see everyone in May!!!!!!

Omg Hey!!!!! It’s me the one who sat next to you during interviews and helped you get the earlier spot! Lol congrats I got accepted too!!!!!! Yayyyyy!!!!!! :-) 

Just now, Emrose said:

Aww no :(( this happened to a fellow interviewee friend of mine who I got really close with just at the interview! She also felt she did really well and was surprise she didn't even get waitlisted. I'm so sorry. I hope you've gotten in elsewhere. It's their loss!

Thank you. Unfortunately I have not gotten in anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, mitteh71 said:

Thank you. Unfortunately I have not gotten in anywhere. 

They encourage students who did not get an offer of acceptance after interviewing to reach out for feedback as they are happy to give it. I encourage you to do that and please don’t give up! Use this as a chance to improve and blow them away next time! 

15 hours ago, abp_520 said:

I’m speechless! I too received an email notifying me of my Acceptance from the 11/17 Interview!!!! 

However this one and another program I was accepted to were my top choices so I may or may not accept the offer! So excited!!!! 

Congratulations to you. Did you by chance get any information at the interview about how many seats are still left in the program?

On 12/1/2017 at 7:31 AM, WonderWall said:

Congratulations to you. Did you by chance get any information at the interview about how many seats are still left in the program?

I don't recall the exact number that Director Statler stated, but i believe that there was  aproximately 30-something seats filled? 

19 hours ago, abp_520 said:

I don't recall the exact number that Director Statler stated, but i believe that there was  aproximately 30-something seats filled? 

Thanks for the reply. Kind of nervous about MMI. Did you (or others on the forum) spend a lot of time preparing for that or is it best to familiarize yourself with the format but not study answers? Any thoughts are really helpful!

On 11/30/2017 at 5:22 PM, tnguyen0503 said:

I GOT ACCEPTED TOO AND I AM SO SO EXCITED!!!!!

This is my top choice, so I am for sure putting my deposit down and I can’t wait to see everyone in May!!!!!!

Congrats!!! I'm the girl who was from GR and I was also accepted from the 11/17 interview! I just put my deposit down and cannot wait to get started in the spring!

6 minutes ago, sh2017 said:

I got an email saying that Jan. 12 is the last interview. I was also placed on the interview wait list as of today. 

I haven't heard from them since August after that said my application is on hold for further review. No rejection, interview, or waitlist at this point. Should I contact the program and ask for update?

Archived