Rosalind Franklin 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little late to the party, but I received RFU's email on 11/8 inviting me to schedule an interview. Sounds like RFU was pretty swamped with applications this cycle, so I'm elated to finally hear back! I will be reluctantly declining this offer, however, as I have another interview from my alma mater scheduled on the exact same date and a few seat deposits paid elsewhere. Would have loved a reason to stay in the Chicagoland area! Congrats to those who were offered interviews, or accepted recently!

Timeline for those interested:

CASPA verified: 8/15

Ready for review: 8/17

Invitation to interview: 11/8

5 hours ago, Sensa23 said:

A little late to the party, but I received RFU's email on 11/8 inviting me to schedule an interview. Sounds like RFU was pretty swamped with applications this cycle, so I'm elated to finally hear back! I will be reluctantly declining this offer, however, as I have another interview from my alma mater scheduled on the exact same date and a few seat deposits paid elsewhere. Would have loved a reason to stay in the Chicagoland area! Congrats to those who were offered interviews, or accepted recently!

Timeline for those interested:

CASPA verified: 8/15

Ready for review: 8/17

Invitation to interview: 11/8

What day would you interview have been? 

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I was invited to an interview just this morning at around 10am by email! The only open time slot available is Jan 12th at 11am. I will be requesting to be on the wait-list for an earlier interview time, though.

My stats and timeline of application: 

cGPA: 3.80, sGPA: 3.71, GRE: V: Q: 156 (76%) 153 (51%) W: 5 (97%), PCE: ~1100 at time of application, tons of healthcare experience in under-served clinics, lots of volunteer and work experience!

CASPA submitted: 8/01

Received app: 8/03

I emailed them asking for an update: 9/25

Continued consideration: 10/2

I actually emailed them acknowledging and thanking them for the continued consideration and stupidly gave them an "updates" email which they said that they don't take but they will put it in my application file anyway, even though the adcom may or may not even look at it: 10/10

Invitation to interview: 11/13

14 minutes ago, WonderWall said:

Anyone have a sense of how many seats still remain? Is it worthwhile to accept a December interview? 

Have you received an invitation to interview in December? I was told by their office that they intend on interviewing through February and people have been accepted from that interview in the past. 

an earlier poster said his interview had 24 applicants. unclear if there is a set number they take from each interview. I don't think they would have a predisposed number, they just pick who they like and who they didn't like based on the make up of the class they want. I believe you said you were verified in August correct?

There are 70 seats, that’s a lot. I wouldn’t be surprised if they accept students through the last interview. Also, the amount of people that will turn down a seat because of other acceptances will keep seats open into the spring. If this is a program you are really interested in, then turning down an interview is obviously a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

What day would you interview have been? 

The online portal only recognized Jan 12th as having open slots when I checked before. Although, the email was sitting in my inbox for a few days while I was traveling so I'm not sure if there was an alternative date available earlier. Hopefully this will open up an invite for yourself or another!

Keep checking back though! When I got my interview invite and went to sign up, the only day available was Jan 12th. But then a few days later I randomly checked the dates again at like 3am and suddenly November 17th was available so I switched and will be there this Friday! Got real lucky but I think people are canceling and accepting other offers here and there. 

Keep checking back! 

11 hours ago, abp_520 said:

Keep checking back though! When I got my interview invite and went to sign up, the only day available was Jan 12th. But then a few days later I randomly checked the dates again at like 3am and suddenly November 17th was available so I switched and will be there this Friday! Got real lucky but I think people are canceling and accepting other offers here and there. 

Keep checking back! 

Would just like to thank you for this advice, because I just did that and I was very lucky to have gotten a spot for this Friday’s interview too!! I went from Jan 12 to Nov 17 as well!!

See you this Friday!!!!

15 hours ago, abp_520 said:

Keep checking back! 

I emailed them about changing my original interview date (Oct. 20). I just asked them to keep me in mind if something sooner opens up. They emailed me and I received an earlier interview date. I'm guessing you wont get anything sooner than later this week though ;-) 

On 11/16/2017 at 5:00 PM, WonderWall said:

For those who interviewed already -- how much did you prepare for the MMI? Any thoughts on how much you should study the MMI before the interview? Thanks.

As you've probably read, the purpose of the MMI format is to allow the interviewers to asses how quickly and thoroughly you can answer the questions. The MMI at RFU in particular was actually enjoyable! I would recommend being knowledgeable of social/health issues, the PA profession, and your own personal experiences. Most importantly, answer honestly and be yourself. The interviewers will know if you are trying to give them the answer you think they want to hear instead of giving them your answer. Have fun and let your personality shine! You made it this far for a reason, be confident and show them why you deserve a seat in the class! (Credit: I was accepted from the 10/20 interview)

9 minutes ago, PAhopeful23 said:

As you've probably read, the purpose of the MMI format is to allow the interviewers to asses how quickly and thoroughly you can answer the questions. The MMI at RFU in particular was actually enjoyable! I would recommend being knowledgeable of social/health issues, the PA profession, and your own personal experiences. Most importantly, answer honestly and be yourself. The interviewers will know if you are trying to give them the answer you think they want to hear instead of giving them your answer. Have fun and let your personality shine! You made it this far for a reason, be confident and show them why you deserve a seat in the class! (Credit: I was accepted from the 10/20 interview)

Thank you. About how many applicants were participating in the interview when you were there? 

After interviewing here on Friday, this school is definitely one of my top choices. I liked the program and the school even more than I thought I would. I am so thankful I got a spot from a last minute cancellation so I didn't have to wait until January! I forgot exactly what the admission statistics were, but I think they interview around 160 candidates (out of 2200 applicants) and accept 67. We were told that there are currently 38 seats filled, so that leaves 29 seats open prior to the 11/17, 12/8, and 1/12 interview sessions. We were told we would hear back in about 2 weeks, but the wait list will not be ranked at all until after all the interviews sessions are completed in January. I am sooooo happy I got an earlier interview date and can't wait to hear back. 

4 minutes ago, mitteh71 said:

After interviewing here on Friday, this school is definitely one of my top choices. I liked the program and the school even more than I thought I would. I am so thankful I got a spot from a last minute cancellation so I didn't have to wait until January! I forgot exactly what the admission statistics were, but I think they interview around 160 candidates (out of 2200 applicants) and accept 67. We were told that there are currently 38 seats filled, so that leaves 29 seats open prior to the 11/17, 12/8, and 1/12 interview sessions. We were told we would hear back in about 2 weeks, but the wait list will not be ranked at all until after all the interviews sessions are completed in January. I am sooooo happy I got an earlier interview date and can't wait to hear back. 

Did they confirm that they are only interviewing through January? I spoke with the admission's office to give an update on my application and they said they were interviewing through February. This was a month and a half ago, but I wasn't sure if they changed their plans.

8 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

Did they confirm that they are only interviewing through January? I spoke with the admission's office to give an update on my application and they said they were interviewing through February. This was a month and a half ago, but I wasn't sure if they changed their plans.

I'm really not sure, but I don't think that there is a February interview date scheduled yet. I read the forums from last year to compare- I don't think there were July interviews last year like there were this year. It also seems like the February date was an option since at least September last year. I did notice that on last year's forums more interview invites went out around Dec 8th, and I think there are still spots open for January interview date, so it does seem likely that there will be more interview invites based on last year's forum. 

Archived