Rosalind Franklin 2017-2018 Applicants

14 minutes ago, lea33 said:

Sure! 

cGPA: 3.90, sGPA: 3.86, GRE: 316

Patient care hours: 1200 as an orthopedic surgery office MA, 180 hours MA in an internal med office, 350 administrative position front desk at a clinic. 

Shadowing: 21 hours 

Thank you!! Very impressive. It's odd that you had to wait 3 months to get a response, but I applied after you and received an email a month later saying that my application is being held for further review. Some even were put on a continuous consideration list. The timeline is weird, and it has me slightly worried. :(. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, lea33 said:

I just got an interview invite yesterday, Oct 2.

I submitted CASPA in late June, got a "application complete" email July 3, and heard NOTHING in between for 3 months, and then Oct 2 received an interview invite. 

When scheduling the interview I tried to select Oct 20 or Nov 17, but it wouldn't let me click it (only let me click Dec 8). So I emailed them and they said the Oct & Nov interview dates are full and that I could be placed on the wait list for them. Right now I am scheduled for Dec 8, but I haven't heard of anyone scheduling for Nov 17... The guy I emailed with didn't seem to know 100% why I couldn't select those dates so they might be looking into it? I'll follow up and hopefully they respond. 

Same exact situation here. Except the person I emailed hasn't responded back to me yet. At least I know it wasn't because my browser was acting up.

16 hours ago, WonderWall said:

Has anyone who applied early August or later heard back (aside from the confirmation email)? Could it be that they are just getting to June and July applications now?

I can't answer the first question, but as for the second, I submitted to CASPA on June 12th and was at the August interview session, so I'm not sure if they're necessarily going in chronological order. 

On 10/4/2017 at 5:16 AM, WonderWall said:

Has anyone who applied early August or later heard back (aside from the confirmation email)? Could it be that they are just getting to June and July applications now?

I applied in early July and was complete on July 13th. I received an email August 7th stating that my application is being held for further review. So they've already looked at July applications. One representative from admissions about a month ago said that the status means they are being held until they release the next batch of interview invites for Nov-Feb about a month ago, however, a couple days ago one person could only select the December date after waiting 3 months, but no invites have been posted on this forum, and I'm assuming some people on here are still waiting, or have been invited but haven't posted.  Another person from admissions said that the status means that they are still reviewing my application. So the timeline doesn't really show a consistent pattern. No news is not bad news, so try to stay optimistic. 

1 hour ago, WonderWall said:

Anyone care to estimate how many seats are currently filled and how many still available for remaining interviews?

If my recollection is correct, I think a total of 10-12 applicants posted that they got acceptances, but I believe at least two of them are accepting offers elsewhere. Take it with a grain of salt because not every applicant posts on these forums, so it is likely more seats taken then 10. Based on prior posts as well, recent posters (past week or so) have only been able to register for the December interview. The office has confirmed that they will interview through February. You'll know the class is full when they start sending out wait lists for seats, interviews, and eventually rejections. 

10 hours ago, Jen04 said:

I have an interview for October 20. I was just wondering for those of you that have already interviewed, how long did it take for you to hear back on their decision?

They told us that we should hear back in 2 weeks and they sent out emails exactly 2 weeks later. The group before us was told 3 weeks and they were notified in 3 weeks.

They will tell you after your interview, and they seen to stick to that. 

11 hours ago, WonderWall said:

Still can't figure out if RFUMS is sending more invites or not. Applied in late August and have not heard anything but a confirmation since. Any insights?

They have yet to send interview invites for their January interview. Someone on here mentioned earlier that the last interview date is either January or February, I forget which one.

On 10/14/2017 at 3:00 AM, leggopaschool said:

They have yet to send interview invites for their January interview. Someone on here mentioned earlier that the last interview date is either January or February, I forget which one.

Last interviews will be in February. Anxiously waiting to hear back from them. Does anyone have an idea when they will send out the January invites? Will they send out January and February together? Can't really see any trends from last year because they were sending January invites in September and by October they already were telling people they were on the waitlist. Things are happening later in the cycle this year compared to last year.

2 minutes ago, leitee said:

From what I've been told it's "impossible" to prepare for the RFUMS interview. Is that pretty much the general consensus, or does anyone have any advice to offer? Interviewing this Friday, the 20th!

Good luck on your interview! I'd say the best way to prepare is to practice answering questions in a 4-5 minute time frame so you know what it feels like to talk for that long. Also google something like "basics of ethics" and "how to approach ethical dilemmas" so you can get a general sense of approaching those questions. It was a classic MMI so even just looking up MMI interviews will give you insight to the type of questions they can ask. I sometimes got thrown off because they asked me follow up questions and I thought they were leading me in one direction, but I really think they were just trying to see what my point of view was on all aspects of situations. I stood by my argument and felt confident in my opinion so when they asked f/u questions I'd say "that's an interesting question and I can see why it would be important for X, Y, and Z but ultimately I think 'this' matters the most so I still would do this in this scenario." 

I absolutely loved RFU but wasn't a fan of the MMI format. I was just soooo nervous and you have to think of answers really quickly! Just try to form a quick answer in your head during the one minute you have to read the question and try to think of a logical way of presenting that answer. It'll help you articulate your thoughts in a stressful, fast-paced interview!

Interviewing on November 17th at RFU, super excited! 

Overall GPA 3.81, Science GPA of 3.69, GRE > 300 and 4 writing. Over 2,000 hours experience as CNA in long term care and locked dementia units, wih leadership position/experience, and about 1,200 hours experience as an ER tech at a level one trauma center. Volunteer as a girls vball coach and human cadaver lab tutor, also human cadaver lab TA! Good luck everyone! Fingers crossed! 

1 hour ago, Kmo0407 said:

Interviewing on November 17th at RFU, super excited! 

Overall GPA 3.81, Science GPA of 3.69, GRE > 300 and 4 writing. Over 2,000 hours experience as CNA in long term care and locked dementia units, wih leadership position/experience, and about 1,200 hours experience as an ER tech at a level one trauma center. Volunteer as a girls vball coach and human cadaver lab tutor, also human cadaver lab TA! Good luck everyone! Fingers crossed! 

Congratulations!! When did you submit your application and when did you get an invitation to interview?

Archived