Rosalind Franklin 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

To the people above who received interview invites when did you submit everything and when did you receive the email saying your file is complete? I received mine on July 13th and I haven't heard back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Submitted: May 23rd

File Complete: May 25th

Interview Invite: June 8th 

41 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

To the people who received interviews when did you submit and when did you receive the email that your file is complete? I got mine July 13th and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Submitted June 13

File complete June 15

Interview invite: Aug 3

Thanks. I know that's about how many total seats but I was curious how many were left after the current acceptances so far. 

I've only seen 1 acceptance in his thread thus far but obviously that's optimistic because not all of Rosalind's applicants are in this thread. What has been the average wait time between application completed email and whether you are offered an interview or not?

4 hours ago, abp_520 said:

Thanks. I know that's about how many total seats but I was curious how many were left after the current acceptances so far. 

2 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

I've only seen 1 acceptance in his thread thus far but obviously that's optimistic because not all of Rosalind's applicants are in this thread. What has been the average wait time between application completed email and whether you are offered an interview or not?

@cn6 @Brother of Gus @leelanau16 and I have been accepted from this thread. We were the first interview, so there are obviously a lot of seats left, but we aren't aware how many from our interview were accepted. Also, it's unsure how many of us that have been accepted will be enrolled, so it's really impossible to say unfortunately!

[mention=138565]cn6[/mention] @Brother of Gus @leelanau16 and I have been accepted from this thread. We were the first interview, so there are obviously a lot of seats left, but we aren't aware how many from our interview were accepted. Also, it's unsure how many of us that have been accepted will be enrolled, so it's really impossible to say unfortunately!

How many interviewees are there per interview? How often do they interview?

CASPA verified 5/29.
email stating my file was complete and ready for review on 6/5. 

I just now received the following e-mail today:

Thank you again for your application to the Physician Assistant program at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS).  This is a courtesy notification to make you aware that your file has gone through an initial review by our Admissions Committee, and, although we believe your credentials demonstrate academic potential, it is still under continued consideration.

We receive many qualified applications every year and will continue to make decisions regarding the next step in the process after initial review on an ongoing basis. Thus, we appreciate your patience as our committee continues to consider your application and all the distinguishing characteristics needed for a thorough and holistic review.

We will keep you abreast of your status of continued consideration with the Physician Assistant program at RFUMS throughout the application cycle. Please contact the admissions and enrollment team if you have any questions or concerns at grad.admissions@rosalindfranklin.edu.

I have to say its pretty discouraging...but part of me still has a spark of hope. Last year i was placed on "wait list to interview" ... so I'm not sure if this is a step up or step down. Any thoughts? 

I just got this email. Did you or anyone find out what it means?

4 minutes ago, vucious said:

It basically means you are on waitlist for an interview.

Okay. I think it is similar but I also got a waitlist from Rush and they said that they are no longer reviewing the application and they are just waiting to see if spots open up. This sounded like they reviewed but weren't sure yet and will still continuously look at my application. Waitlist would suggest I am a certain number and I have to wait my turn essentially...or am I completely off. This is my first cycle so forgive me if I'm a bit naive or trying to find a silver lining in this cryptic email. 

For the people that were offered an interview did they only allow you to pick from certain dates and you just picked the earliest one or did they offer all of the dates available including ones in December-February. Last year people weren't able to select the later months at this point. Wasn't sure if it was the same pattern this year. 

9 minutes ago, vucious said:

It basically means you are on waitlist for an interview.

I emailed them asking if it was the same as an interview waitlist because I got that last year and hadn't seen anyone Post that wording this year... and this was my response : 

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in the Physician Assistant program at Rosalind Franklin University. The continued consideration decision is not equivalent to an interview waitlist, but it is possible that you would be invited for an interview from this status once additional reviews of your application have been completed.

I don't have any additional updates for you at this time, but if there is any movement with your application we will inform you promptly.

1 minute ago, abp_520 said:

I emailed them asking if it was the same as an interview waitlist because I got that last year and hadn't seen anyone Post that wording this year... and this was my response : 

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in the Physician Assistant program at Rosalind Franklin University. The continued consideration decision is not equivalent to an interview waitlist, but it is possible that you would be invited for an interview from this status once additional reviews of your application have been completed.

I don't have any additional updates for you at this time, but if there is any movement with your application we will inform you promptly.

So it's a step down from the wait list?

On 7/27/2017 at 7:24 AM, clamscantfeel said:

Same! My stats aren't great, but I have some experience with significantly better graduate work than undergraduate.

MS in Pharmacology/Toxicology and working on my MPH (free because I work for a large university).

Overall GPA: 3.03

Cumulative undergrad: 2.93

Graduate: 3.42

Graduate Science:3.43

Overall Science: 2.98

GRE: 159V, 152Q, 3.5 writing

HCE: 8520, PCE: 2720

I work as a clinical research coordinator doing a lot of inpatient studies in hepatology. I got 3 good LORs, and i feel like my diversity statement and my personal statements were pretty good. Zero generation immigrant. 

I feel like i worked considerably hard to make the other parts of my application stand out enough, since my undergraduate work doesn't impress. 

June 20: "Continued consideration"

July 26: Interview invite for October 20.

This individual went from continued consideration to interview invite. So they skipped the waitlist part. That's what I'm kinda confused about. Are the terms similar?

Archived