Rosalind Franklin 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eliam22 said:

Just got an interview invite!! For October 20

My stats are not great, so there really seems to be no rhyme to the rhythm on who gets invited. 3.3 cum, 3.1 science, 306 GRE, 3000+ HCE, 1000 volunteer, about 100 hours shadowing

This is awesome! Congrats!

24 minutes ago, eliam22 said:

My stats are not great, so there really seems to be no rhyme to the rhythm on who gets invited. 3.3 cum, 3.1 science, 306 GRE, 3000+ HCE, 1000 volunteer, about 100 hours shadowing

Eliam22, when was your CASPA verified? 

47 minutes ago, eliam22 said:

Congrats @eliam22 ! I'm pretty much in the same boat as far as stats are concerned so this gives me hope! 

For those who interviewed on July 14, did RFU say that they will get back to us WITHIN two weeks or STARTING in two weeks? I've been anxiously checking my email ahh.

& Congrats to those who recently received interviews. Best of luck!

I thought they said within two weeks! I've been checking soooooo much as well. Haha! The students said they heard back in 10 days, so I'm expecting some news really any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Brother of Gus said:

I thought they said within two weeks! I've been checking soooooo much as well. Haha! The students said they heard back in 10 days, so I'm expecting some news really any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay thank goodness, I've been so anxious as well! I've been constantly refreshing my email and this page...if anyone hears, please post here immediately lol 

Oh that is wonderful news! When was your app in review with the admissions committee?

7 hours ago, eliam22 said:

That's great! Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your individual verbal and quantitative scores for the GRE were? 

21 hours ago, eliam22 said:

Same! My stats aren't great, but I have some experience with significantly better graduate work than undergraduate.

MS in Pharmacology/Toxicology and working on my MPH (free because I work for a large university).

Overall GPA: 3.03

Cumulative undergrad: 2.93

Graduate: 3.42

Graduate Science:3.43

Overall Science: 2.98

GRE: 159V, 152Q, 3.5 writing

HCE: 8520, PCE: 2720

I work as a clinical research coordinator doing a lot of inpatient studies in hepatology. I got 3 good LORs, and i feel like my diversity statement and my personal statements were pretty good. Zero generation immigrant. 

I feel like i worked considerably hard to make the other parts of my application stand out enough, since my undergraduate work doesn't impress. 

June 20: "Continued consideration"

July 26: Interview invite for October 20.

1 hour ago, clamscantfeel said:

Same! My stats aren't great, but I have some experience with significantly better graduate work than undergraduate.

MS in Pharmacology/Toxicology and working on my MPH (free because I work for a large university).

Overall GPA: 3.03

Cumulative undergrad: 2.93

Graduate: 3.42

Graduate Science:3.43

Overall Science: 2.98

GRE: 159V, 152Q, 3.5 writing

HCE: 8520, PCE: 2720

I work as a clinical research coordinator doing a lot of inpatient studies in hepatology. I got 3 good LORs, and i feel like my diversity statement and my personal statements were pretty good. Zero generation immigrant. 

I feel like i worked considerably hard to make the other parts of my application stand out enough, since my undergraduate work doesn't impress. 

June 20: "Continued consideration"

July 26: Interview invite for October 20.

:)

where are you coming from?

For everyone that interviewed back on July 14th... I have also been checking my email literally every couple hours since our interview. My stomach is in knots every time I get an email notification and it's not from RF. Hopefully we hear soon!!! I loved talking with all you guys! Hope we ALL get in! Congrats to everyone that has recently received an interview. Be yourself and you will do great. Good luck!

Archived