Rosalind Franklin 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyone who got an interview invite this cycle willing to share their stats? It would be much appreciated :)

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.57

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.62

Age at application time : 22

1st GRE: V 159 Q 159 W 4.0

Healthcare hours:

1250 Scribe 

400 volunteering in a hospital in Costa Rica 

I hope you hear from them soon! :) 

I had CASPA verified May 30th and an email from Rosalind Franklin saying my application file was complete on May 30th. I have yet to receive an interview invite or a rejection in the mail. Do you guys think I should call and ask if my application is under review?

I had CASPA verified May 30th and an email from Rosalind Franklin saying my application file was complete on May 30th. I have yet to receive an interview invite or a rejection in the mail. Do you guys think I should call and ask if my application is under review?

The email I received said it can take up to 6 weeks for the committee to completely review the application. I would give it some more time before calling. Although, it is obviously up to you. It probably wouldn't hurt I suppose. 

CASPA verified 5/29.

email stating my file was complete and ready for review on 6/5. 

I just now received the following e-mail today:

Thank you again for your application to the Physician Assistant program at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS).  This is a courtesy notification to make you aware that your file has gone through an initial review by our Admissions Committee, and, although we believe your credentials demonstrate academic potential, it is still under continued consideration.

We receive many qualified applications every year and will continue to make decisions regarding the next step in the process after initial review on an ongoing basis. Thus, we appreciate your patience as our committee continues to consider your application and all the distinguishing characteristics needed for a thorough and holistic review.

We will keep you abreast of your status of continued consideration with the Physician Assistant program at RFUMS throughout the application cycle. Please contact the admissions and enrollment team if you have any questions or concerns at grad.admissions@rosalindfranklin.edu.

I have to say its pretty discouraging...but part of me still has a spark of hope. Last year i was placed on "wait list to interview" ... so I'm not sure if this is a step up or step down. Any thoughts? 

CASPA verified 5/29.

email stating my file was complete and ready for review on 6/5. 

I just now received the following e-mail today:

Thank you again for your application to the Physician Assistant program at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS).  This is a courtesy notification to make you aware that your file has gone through an initial review by our Admissions Committee, and, although we believe your credentials demonstrate academic potential, it is still under continued consideration.

We receive many qualified applications every year and will continue to make decisions regarding the next step in the process after initial review on an ongoing basis. Thus, we appreciate your patience as our committee continues to consider your application and all the distinguishing characteristics needed for a thorough and holistic review.

We will keep you abreast of your status of continued consideration with the Physician Assistant program at RFUMS throughout the application cycle. Please contact the admissions and enrollment team if you have any questions or concerns at grad.admissions@rosalindfranklin.edu.

I have to say its pretty discouraging...but part of me still has a spark of hope. Last year i was placed on "wait list to interview" ... so I'm not sure if this is a step up or step down. Any thoughts? 

Hey - I actually got the same email and not sure what to make of it either. I can't tell if it's a positive thing or not, pretty confusing.

Would you guys be willing to share stats?

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.57

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.62

Age at application time : 22

GRE: V 159 Q 159 W 4.0

Healthcare experience  : 1250 hrs Scribe for a private practice and for the ER 

Didn't write a diversity statement but managed to get an interview!  A little surprisingly I thought 

Archived