Rosalind Franklin 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just spoke with the Admissions' office and they said that they are still reviewing my application. I also asked when their last interview will be and she said that their last interview date will be in February, and this is the norm for their program every year. She couldn't remember the exact date off the top of her head, but looks like they're still reviewing applications. So no clue with the last session will be, but it must be nearing the end if they are already adding people to the interview wait list. 

On December 7, 2017 at 3:15 PM, tjl2888 said:

I just spoke with the Admissions' office and they said that they are still reviewing my application. I also asked when their last interview will be and she said that their last interview date will be in February, and this is the norm for their program every year. She couldn't remember the exact date off the top of her head, but looks like they're still reviewing applications. So no clue with the last session will be, but it must be nearing the end if they are already adding people to the interview wait list. 

I'm not exactly sure but the admissions director emailed me saying that their final interview is Jan. 12. 

I submitted my CASPA late (September 30). I wasn't planning on applying this cycle because I didn't feel my application was ready, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

I received an email on December 4 stating "Although we believe your credentials demonstrate strong academic potential, your application is being held for further review". 

Does anyone think there is still a possibility for an interview? For people who were placed on an interview waitlist, what were you told exactly?

1 minute ago, Lavibaldi said:

I submitted my CASPA late (September 30). I wasn't planning on applying this cycle because I didn't feel my application was ready, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

I received an email on December 4 stating "Although we believe your credentials demonstrate strong academic potential, your application is being held for further review". 

Does anyone think there is still a possibility for an interview? For people who were placed on an interview waitlist, what were you told exactly?

My application was held for 6 months this cycle before i got invited for an interview and got accepted! I had already submitted a seat deposit for another program and was planning on moving--thats how long they made me wait lol. I say anything is possible.

I believe if you applied on time and meet the criteria for competitiveness, you have a shot. I definitely believe at this point in the cycle, they would've just rejected you if you didn't have a good chance.

I was placed on an interview waitlist last year the first time i applied and nothing came of it--got rejected in january. But i know of others who did interview after being placed on it. I don't believe there are any 'rules' that the committee follows. It depends on your individual application, and how you fit into the class that they're trying to uniquely compose. Don't lose hope!

6 minutes ago, abp_520 said:

My application was held for 6 months this cycle before i got invited for an interview and got accepted! I had already submitted a seat deposit for another program and was planning on moving--thats how long they made me wait lol. I say anything is possible.

I believe if you applied on time and meet the criteria for competitiveness, you have a shot. I definitely believe at this point in the cycle, they would've just rejected you if you didn't have a good chance.

I was placed on an interview waitlist last year the first time i applied and nothing came of it--got rejected in january. But i know of others who did interview after being placed on it. I don't believe there are any 'rules' that the committee follows. It depends on your individual application, and how you fit into the class that they're trying to uniquely compose. Don't lose hope!

Thanks so much for the reply! I would say my application still isn't what I want it to be, but it is somewhat competitive. Rosalind and Midwestern are my top picks. I'm still waiting to hear how the interview went for Midwestern. I was just hoping to have interviewed with Rosalind before receiving an update from Midwestern. 

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Congrats on your acceptance! You're one step closer!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, docblake80 said:

where did you decide? what was your reason for picking them over this one? thx

It was tough. I chose Duke. I boiled down to where it was a better fit for my fiancé and I. Plus clinical rotations. One of the cardiologist I work for did his internship there and said he saw PAs working in every dept he rotated and highly recommended as he had great experience there working with PAs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived