Rosalind Franklin 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as a heads up to everyone out there still waiting to hear back. I got my "application file is complete" email on July 10 in which they told me that I'd hear from them in 2 to 4 weeks. After not hearing from them for over 3 months they finally got back to me with a rejection. I hope those of you in similar situations fare better! Best of luck everyone, and I look forward to being your future colleague. 

23 minutes ago, WonderWall said:

Yep, still wondering if RFUMS is sending invites for December, January, and/or February. Was verified in August, but no word since then. Has anyone on the forum gotten invitations for these months? Might it be that seats have already been filled? 

December yes. Haven’t sent out January or February as far as I know. I’m still playing the waiting game as well. Verified in July. 

10 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

December yes. Haven’t sent out January or February as far as I know. I’m still playing the waiting game as well. Verified in July. 

Is there reason to believe they will still be interviewing in the new year though? I did not see that on the website, but may have overlooked something! Thanks.

3 minutes ago, WonderWall said:

Is there reason to believe they will still be interviewing in the new year though? I did not see that on the website, but may have overlooked something! Thanks.

I’ve talked to someone at the school who said they anticipate interviewing until February 

I received the email that my application was complete on August 10th. After months of waiting, I received an invitation to interview today! My options were: Nov 17th, Dec 8th, or Jan 12th. I wish I could have made it to one of the earlier dates, but the Nov date does not work and I scheduled an interview at Midwestern on Dec 8th. I am excited that I get the opportunity to interview, I just hope there will still be a few seats left by then!

22 minutes ago, mitteh71 said:

I received the email that my application was complete on August 10th. After months of waiting, I received an invitation to interview today! My options were: Nov 17th, Dec 8th, or Jan 12th. I wish I could have made it to one of the earlier dates, but the Nov date does not work and I scheduled an interview at Midwestern on Dec 8th. I am excited that I get the opportunity to interview, I just hope there will still be a few seats left by then!

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

22 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Sure! I'm 31, have 7+ years of healthcare experience as an ASCP-certified medical laboratory scientist, degree in medical technology with many science courses, 3.94 GPA and GRE 308/4.0. Great on paper but I truly struggle with interviews! I have three more interviews and am still waiting to hear back from two schools. 

15 minutes ago, WonderWall said:

Sorry if this has been asked before. How many applicants are in each interview session?

I think approximately 24. I remember that number mentioned in the past.

On 11/3/2017 at 11:17 PM, sarahbellum said:

After FIVE months hearing nothing, I received an invite to interview today for Nov. 17th. However, I've already been accepted to and paid deposit at another program I loved. Kinda disappointed it took this long to hear back and can't make up my mind if I should accept the invite yet. 

I know that some people have got December interviews, but were these because they had to reschedule? Have they released Jan and February invites yet?

On 11/3/2017 at 11:17 PM, sarahbellum said:

After FIVE months hearing nothing, I received an invite to interview today for Nov. 17th. However, I've already been accepted to and paid deposit at another program I loved. Kinda disappointed it took this long to hear back and can't make up my mind if I should accept the invite yet. 

If you haven't decided yet, I would say this - if you would be perfectly happy going to the program that you were accepted to already, I wouldn't bother with the invitation. Yes, RFU is a great program, but at the end of the day the things that matter are that you are (1) happy with where you'll be going to school and (2) that you pass your boards. Everything else is just extra beyond that.

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a ray of hope for those still waiting or with lower GPAs !!!

I just received an interview invite for january 12th (afternoon) session. It gave me options to choose nov, dec, jan, however the only available dates shown when i clicked nov, was jan 12th. I wonder if this is a glitch?

CASPA verified 5/30,

"continued consideration" list on 6/20,

interview invite today 11/9.

My numeric stats are not all that stellar but i have a significant upward trend in grades 3.26 cGPA 3.3 sGPA. Significant community service domestic and abroad, 1.5 years as CNA on a cardiac/telemetry floor in a hospital, GRE 156 V, 152 Q, 5.0 AW, 3 great letters of reference from APNs and a my biochemistry professor. 

I'm wondering how many seats are left? Does anyone know? Is the January interview for waitlist? so many questions! lol

Archived