AT Still 2017-2018 Applicants

33 minutes ago, jmtam said:

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry that happened! You will get into a program!!! :(

When was your application completed? I'm confused as to why my app is not completed... I submitted my app and secondary in the middle of May...

Supplemental was complete May 23rd. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jmtam said:

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry that happened! You will get into a program!!! :(

When was your application completed? I'm confused as to why my app is not completed... I submitted my app and secondary in the middle of May...

Submitted mine the middle of may as well and my app was complete maybe a week later at most. Maybe you are waiting on another letter of rec? I would definitely follow up with the program. 

Im trying to stay positive but I have to say I'm pretty disappointed especially considering how close I was last time. 

Good luck everyone, unfortunately I received the thanks but no thanks email today.

Stats:
20 years as a Fire Captain/Paramedic
20 years as an educator of EMT and paramedic classes
3.69 overall
3.67 science
B.S. and M.Ed. degrees
1000+ hours of volunteer with Firefighter Charities

Not sure where I missed but I wish you all the best.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hello guys! I just wanted to share my story! I am a second time applicant, the first time I applied, I did not get my application completed until early August. I think it helps a lot to apply early. My application wasn't able to get reviewed last cycle at all and I got rejected without interview for last cycle in March 2017. I applied again quickly this time around and had everything completed by May 17th 2017. I just received an interview invitation today. I scheduled it for August 9th 2017. I'm so excited to meet you guys! Let me know if anyone else is interviewing on August 9th!

Sorry to hear you guys got rejected. I haven't received anything (good or bad) yet. Like others have stated, I'm surprised at the candidates receiving rejections... I guess it goes to show that you really don't know what certain schools are looking for in candidates. Best of luck at other schools! 

8 minutes ago, pandabear.katie said:

Hello guys! I just wanted to share my story! I am a second time applicant, the first time I applied, I did not get my application completed until early August. I think it helps a lot to apply early. My application wasn't able to get reviewed last cycle at all and I got rejected without interview for last cycle in March 2017. I applied again quickly this time around and had everything completed by May 17th 2017. I just received an interview invitation today. I scheduled it for August 9th 2017. I'm so excited to meet you guys! Let me know if anyone else is interviewing on August 9th!

Hi there! Does your whole application say completed on you the supplemental application portal? Congrats on your invite! So exciting! 

Hi guys! Got an invite to an interview today! This is my first time applying and first interview, anyone have any tips??? I'm so excited, but nervous! 
Good luck to all! 

Hi there! Do you mind sharing your stats? When was your app completed and reviewed by he program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, pandabear.katie said:

I just received an interview offer this afternoon as well. I'm also a second time applicant and I did the same in regards to submitting my application as early as possible this cycle. I'm very excited for the opportunity, this program was at the top of my list after I toured last winter!

Congrats on all who received interviews! 

I just looked back at my emails, I got an email confirmation back May 24th saying my app was complete and going under review... Maybe I won't hold my breath this second time anymore since they're sending out invites left and right, and I haven't gotten one yet. 

Hey Lace, the interviews went well today. There were about 30 people overall from all over the country. I was pretty nervous but after talking to some peers, I felt really relaxed. The tour was my favorite part. They have awesome resources for students and a YMCA right next to campus that faculty even use. The current students had great things to say about why they chose ATSU. This is my top choice, and even after today, I am more inspired to attend. They truly believe in their mission. 

Fantastic. Sounds great!
I got to visit the campus this spring as well and had the same impression... I never thought I'd find a school that fit so well with me and you're absolutely right about them actually following through on their mission. Exciting possibilities there. Fingers crossed for both of us and good luck with the rest of your process!

4 hours ago, jmtam said:

Sure! Off the top of my head: 

caspa gpa: 3.59 

science gpa: 3.62 

patient care experience: about 1200 hours float pool in hospital with peds and another ~100 volunteer patient care experience in clinics for underserved and uninsured 

about 100 health care hours again with underserved/ uninsured clinics 

~800 hours volunteering with gift of life marrow registry (also gift of life club VP then president and campus ambassador/intern)

~200 other volunteer hours from my sorority 

I was also in 3 PA/ medical related clubs. 

~100 hours of shadowing orthopedic surgery and pain management clinic PAs! 

I got an email 6/12 that my application was being reviewed! 

Hope this helps! 

4 hours ago, jmtam said:

Hi there! Do you mind sharing your stats? When was your app completed and reviewed by he program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived