AT Still 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't! What did it entail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the email I've received from the office of diversity:

Congratulations! We recently received your primary application to A.T. Still University!  Obviously you are interested in the innovative approach to health professions education provided at ATSU. Being the founding institution of osteopathy, ATSU is no stranger to "paving the way!" You are most likely aware of issues with access to healthcare, and share our mission to serve the underserved. Service is a product of the human spirit commensurate with the tenets of osteopathy. 

ATSU continues to cultivate a culturally rich community which embraces all forms of differences, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, origin of birth, age, religious beliefs, political beliefs, socio-economic status, physical characteristics, military service, title, academic background, and professional experiences. Inherent in ATSU's mission is the belief excellence is inclusive--academic and intellectual, physical and physiological; cultural and social, spiritual and moral.

We believe these attributes are expressed in our acceptance of difference; our collective appreciation provided by these differences guides us in the development of a campus community reflective of the global community of which we are all a part. The strength of our campus community as well as the potential of the global community is realized through this same understanding, affirmation, and value of human difference. Please review our web page (www.atsu.edu/diversity) to learn more.

If you are committed to excellence in your pursuit of becoming a healthcare professional, and desire to partner with the founding osteopathic institution and leader in whole person healthcare for underserved populations, I challenge you to remain steadfast in the trajectory of your application process by completing the secondary application, if you are chosen to receive one. 

Congratulations! We recently received your primary application to A.T. Still University!  Obviously you are interested in the innovative approach to health professions education provided at ATSU. Being the founding institution of osteopathy, ATSU is no stranger to "paving the way!" You are most likely aware of issues with access to healthcare, and share our mission to serve the underserved. Service is a product of the human spirit commensurate with the tenets of osteopathy. 

ATSU continues to cultivate a culturally rich community which embraces all forms of differences, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, origin of birth, age, religious beliefs, political beliefs, socio-economic status, physical characteristics, military service, title, academic background, and professional experiences. Inherent in ATSU's mission is the belief excellence is inclusive--academic and intellectual, physical and physiological; cultural and social, spiritual and moral.

We believe these attributes are expressed in our acceptance of difference; our collective appreciation provided by these differences guides us in the development of a campus community reflective of the global community of which we are all a part. The strength of our campus community as well as the potential of the global community is realized through this same understanding, affirmation, and value of human difference. Please review our web page (www.atsu.edu/diversity) to learn more.

If you are committed to excellence in your pursuit of becoming a healthcare professional, and desire to partner with the founding osteopathic institution and leader in whole person healthcare for underserved populations, I challenge you to remain steadfast in the trajectory of your application process by completing the secondary application, if you are chosen to receive one. 

Huh, I definitely didn't get that email either. I must not be diverse enough! lol

Are you referring to me? If so, I'm from the east coast and have never set foot on the campus or attended any online webinars.  And lastly, I'm a minority so perhaps they're just being "more welcoming" and wanting to create a feeling of inclusiveness to those that identify as such on applications. Regardless, it's an intense but thought provoking email and it's the first time I've ever had any diversity office reach out to me this early in the application cycle. So kudos to them!

Congratulations! We recently received your primary application to A.T. Still University! Obviously you are interested in the innovative approach to health professions education provided at ATSU. Being the founding institution of osteopathy, ATSU is no stranger to "paving the way!" You are most likely aware of issues with access to healthcare, and share our mission to serve the underserved. Service is a product of the human spirit commensurate with the tenets of osteopathy.

If you are committed to excellence in your pursuit of becoming a healthcare professional, and desire to partner with the founding osteopathic institution and leader in whole person healthcare for underserved populations, I challenge you to remain steadfast in the trajectory of your application process by completing the secondary application, if you are chosen to receive one.

I received this email as well! :) and no I did not visit the campus for preview day or any online webinars

Is this the secondary apply. Email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Negative, this is the secondary email-

We have received your application from CASPA and would like to thank you for your interest in the Physician Assistant program at A. T. Still University - Arizona School of Health Sciences.  

Please visit apply-secondary.atsu.edu to complete our secondary application and to monitor your application process.  This application requires the payment of our $70.00 nonrefundable secondary application fee.  CASPA fee waivers will be accommodated (see application fee section).

Your user ID:  Your 10 digit CASPA number

Password:  XXXXXXX

We will not process your application materials until the secondary is submitted.  Please allow two weeks for us to process your application before you check your status or call our office regarding your status.

We require a letter of recommendation from each of the following professionals for a total of 3 letters:  employer or supervisor, health care practitioner (physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner) and a science faculty member.   If you have submitted these letters through CASPA, then you do not need to do anything else at this time.

It is your responsibility to make sure your application is complete.  The deadline for providing application materials is November 1st.   Again, please allow 2 weeks from the date you submit the secondary application for us to process your application before calling about your application status.  After the two week processing period, you may check the status of your application materials by returning to the URL above with the user ID (your 10 digit CASPA number) and password provided.

All interview offers will be made by email and interviews will begin in August.  We begin evaluating applications as they become complete so interview slots will fill quickly.

If you have questions throughout the application process, please feel free to contact us by email at admissions@atsu.edu or call 660.626.2666.  

Again, thank you for applying to our program and we look forward to assisting with your application. 

Sincerely,

Donna Sparks, MA

Director - Admissions Processing

A.T. Still University

800 West Jefferson Street

Kirksville, MO  63501

dsparks@atsu.edu

Archived