AT Still 2017-2018 Applicants

Submitted CASPA Friday 5/19 and verified Monday 5/22. Heard back from ATSU on 5/23 inviting for secondary application. Finished secondary application 5/23 and submitted with payment. Emailed morning of 5/24 indicating a complete application status and that my application is being forwarded to admissions committee for final review.

Literally underwent the same process and time frame. My app has been sent for review. Good luck! 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to last years thread ATSU is a month ahead of schedule since secondaries went out late June. Interviews went out July 1st, so I hope those come earlier this year too so  I can score an interview in mid-late June since July is historically a hectic interview month. 

Hopefully a 3.62 Cum and 3.65 Science with 11,000 PCE is adequate for an early interview. I am a first time applicant. 

Does anybody know appx. when they start sending rejections/interview invites. I know that last year they started interviewing in Aug, by Oct most of their seats have been filled. 

i'm worried bec I will be out of the country pretty much the beginning of Aug for 3 weeks... :((((

Does anybody know appx. when they start sending rejections/interview invites. I know that last year they started interviewing in Aug, by Oct most of their seats have been filled. 

i'm worried bec I will be out of the country pretty much the beginning of Aug for 3 weeks... :((((

From what I read here, last year they sent out the first round of interview invites and rejections at the beginning of July. I believe the first interview session was in August

Does anyone know why Midwestern seems to be the powerhouse PA school in AZ when compared to ATSU. ATSU is attached to an osteopathic medical school as well, does Midwestern have better clinical placement or something?

I wouldn't say most of their seats were filled in October. I interviewed in early October and several people from my interview group got accepted. Unfortunately I wasn't one of them ;) Reapplying this year!

For those of you who completed your supplemental and got forwarded to the adcom, what is the deal with the LORs on the supplemental?

Will they just check it with your CASPA application and move on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I understand your question... 

They require 3 specific letters of Rec that fall into the categories of 1)Science faculty/instructor 2) Healthcare professional 3) employer or supervisor. The letters can be one of each or any mix of the 3. I had 3 Healthcare professionals for example (PA/MD/NP). They took them straight from my CASPA application, but they said that I could also send them directly to the program if I preferred.

After they verified I met those basic requirements they emailed me letting me know my app had been forwarded to the adcom 

Does anyone know why Midwestern seems to be the powerhouse PA school in AZ when compared to ATSU. ATSU is attached to an osteopathic medical school as well, does Midwestern have better clinical placement or something?

What makes you say that Midwestern seems to be the powerhouse? I'm an out of state applicant, but Midwestern never crossed my radar as somewhere I was interested in applying. I felt like I fit the mission better at ATSU and appreciated their holistic review. 

Greetings everyone! I submitted my secondary on May 26th! Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

I submitted 5/27! Did you get an email saying it's being forwarded to the adcom?

My letters of rec. status is still unmarked on the secondary application.

I submitted 5/27! Did you get an email saying it's being forwarded to the adcom?

My letters of rec. status is still unmarked on the secondary application.

Hi! No, I haven't received an email about my app being forward to adcom but it takes up to two weeks for them to verify everything, including letters of rec (LOR). Mine still has the LOR unchecked, too. It's been 3 days since I submitted mine so I wouldn't get worried yet. Once it hits two weeks and if nothing has changed, I'll call the school.

Good luck!! Do you mind sharing some insight on the interview? 

It was my first interview last year so I went in super nervous, which I think was a big downfall. But from what I remember it was a decently large group at each interview (30ish) and you take a tour, have lunch and then have two different individual interviews throughout the day. All of the faculty and students were super nice and I learned a lot about the program, including (fun fact) that a decent portion of the class has to go out of state for clinical rotations. I don't feel like that is broadcasted on their website very well so I was a little surprised last year. 

Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone this cycle. 

Archived