Health Professionals Scholarship Program (HPSP) - PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT

10 hours ago, sandiegoliving said:

Just curious if anyone has any new updates...Scott D. advised there was 20-30 scholarships left...that they would make more decisions by the end of this week. I am not holding my breath but it seemed like they are still pulling off the alternate list

Have not received any email yet. I would assume that if they made the decision, they would send out a general email like last Thursday. Good luck to us! 🙂 

1 hour ago, sandiegoliving said:

I'm not really a "look at what i got" type of person, so I write this for those still waiting. It looks like the selections are continuing as I was notified today that I was selected...so hold on until the end of the month like Scott D. said...best of luck

Congrats! That is good news to hear. Were you pulled off the waitlist by chance?

1 hour ago, sandiegoliving said:

I'm not really a "look at what i got" type of person, so I write this for those still waiting. It looks like the selections are continuing as I was notified today that I was selected...so hold on until the end of the month like Scott D. said...best of luck

Congrats and thank you for letting us know 🙂

On 7/30/2019 at 8:48 PM, sandiegoliving said:

yes I was on the alternate list, so they do pull ff of it

Has anyone had experience with the VA HPSP and the location aspect for the two year service agreement? I am looking for experiences of those who have received it and how much they were able to work with you for relocation or if they usually go with your preferences! Thank you!  

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 8:21 PM, Bam9876 said:

To everyone that got the scholarship and graduated this year:

Does anyone have jobs yet?

I do! I accepted a job in June and started onboarding in August after I graduated from my program. Note- onboarding/credentialing in the VA takes FOREVER so keep that in mind!