Health Professionals Scholarship Program (HPSP) - PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT

On 6/7/2019 at 6:38 AM, campingchristina said:

Thought I would update you all. I was placed on the alternate list before the application deadline. I received an email last week letting me know I have been awarded a scholarship! Hang in there!

Congrats!!! That is amazing!!! And thank you for your words of encouragement!

Would you mind sharing with us your stats and when you initially apply? 🤗

Guest Janab
1 hour ago, han2018 said:

@Janab I emailed Mr. Dixon earlier in the week and he told me my application was still being scored and that they’re hoping to have final decisions by mid July :) 

Great! Thank you for the update :-)

12 minutes ago, han2018 said:

Congrats you two!! I think it’s common for them to pull off of the alternate list! When did you two submit?

When you log into USAjobs does it show you’re an alternate? I never received the referred email so I’m hoping I’m not missing out on further news.

Thank you! I submitted on the actual deadline as I had no idea they did a type of rolling acceptance or I would have tried to submit earlier lol! And no, I just checked again and mine just says referred still

• Like 1

2 hours ago, han2018 said:

@pahopeful46 Thank you for letting me know! I applied at the end of April and mine still says referred as well. Good luck!!!

Did you try checking your spam mail? I thought I remember reading somewhere that sometimes the emails can go there!

I received an email earlier today informing me that I was awarded the scholarship and my portal USAjobs portal still says referred!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jlalu said:

Did you try checking your spam mail? I thought I remember reading somewhere that sometimes the emails can go there!

I received an email earlier today informing me that I was awarded the scholarship and my portal USAjobs portal still says referred!!

Congratulations to you! I am happy to see that more of us are getting awarded 🙂

• Like 4

On 6/17/2019 at 6:10 PM, jlalu said:

Who sent your award email?  Was it Scott Dixon?  This would make it easier to search spam folder.  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied for the NP vs PA program, but this is the only board I found discussing this, so thanks for the good info. Im not sure how this applies to the NP/PA time frames, but I did email Scott D. a few days ago. He said alternate selections would be made end of July (vs mid July) and then again very beginning of Sept. Just figured I would share. Congrats to those selected  and best of luck for those who are waiting.

9 hours ago, sandiegoliving said:

I applied for the NP vs PA program, but this is the only board I found discussing this, so thanks for the good info. Im not sure how this applies to the NP/PA time frames, but I did email Scott D. a few days ago. He said alternate selections would be made end of July (vs mid July) and then again very beginning of Sept. Just figured I would share. Congrats to those selected  and best of luck for those who are waiting.

I wonder how this applies to the PA program.  Does each program have its own funding and hence available slots? Are the timelines the same for both programs? 

Guest ishinigami

I'm planning on applying next year for the scholarship, what all were you guys required to do or turn in? Essay? Letters of recommendation?

Those who got the scholarship: what options did they give you for placement and what requests/ preferences did you make?