Health Professionals Scholarship Program (HPSP) - PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT

Guest Janab
20 minutes ago, PAS19 said:

Hi Janab,

I got that email too for did not initial by hands. I corrected the issue and sent the page back to Scott. I am glad they give us an opportunity to correct any error on our application.

Yes, I was so grateful especially because I applied on the last day and he reached out after the deadline. But they mentioned that they did not receive 2 of my forms which was odd because I know for a fact I submitted them in my application so I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this. Thanks for your response!

@ECB1994 Someone posted that they select the majority of recipients mid to late May, but reading back to last year people still hadn’t heard a final decision well into June. Feels like the same kind of stressful/hopeful waiting game we played for interviews and acceptances into PA programs! Fingers crossed for everyone 🙂 

Since I am going to be going to an quite expensive school, I'm not holding my breath about getting the scholarship, though it would be a dream! I do think it is kind of interesting that they start evaluating candidates before the application deadline, though they don't mention that on their website, only on an additional FAQ packet I was sent after emailing a few questions. By that time it was already April, so my application was only about 2 weeks before the deadline.

Just hang in there everyone. I know a few students who received the scholarship a week before their program started in the Fall (both had 2 years left). They were even told that they would have to pay the first semester, but would have the rest of their semesters covered (they were eventually fully covered in the Fall). Since PA schools start/end at different times, money becomes available at different points in the year.

I'm not sure how much money the VA received for the scholarship program this year.

Edited by ChasingTheDream
  • Like 3

On 3/4/2019 at 9:28 PM, sammylittle12` said:

Yes, you are required to do one of your clinical rotations at a VA hospital. It can be any rotation. My school already had an agreement with a VA hospital so it was easy for me. Reach out to Mr. Dixon, the coordinator, if you think it might be an issue. 

Hi, are you a recipient of the scholarship? Did they mention anything to you about what the relocation factor is like once you graduate? Do you get to chose a VA or do they place you? I just applied and I am wondering what the selection process for sites to work at is like! 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else out there still waiting on news? I received the previously mentioned email about being well qualified and referred to the next step of the decision making process, but haven't heard anything further. 

Slightly nerve wracking to read about acceptances and alternate list placements.

Thanks

Guest Janab
4 minutes ago, NWAPA said:

Anyone else out there still waiting on news? I received the previously mentioned email about being well qualified and referred to the next step of the decision making process, but haven't heard anything further. 

Slightly nerve wracking to read about acceptances and alternate list placements.

Thanks

I’m still waiting as well but I applied right on the deadline. When did you apply? And best of luck!

I received an email this morning from Mr. Dixon informing that my application was scored and placed on an alternate list. They will re-evaluate the application for final decision no later than September 1st. I really hope I will get the good news then 🤞🏼 Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PAS19 said:

I received an email this morning from Mr. Dixon informing that my application was scored and placed on an alternate list. They will re-evaluate the application for final decision no later than September 1st. I really hope I will get the good news then 🤞🏼 Good luck to everyone!

Congrats that is awesome!! When did you submit your application for the scholarship? I submitted mine like the day before it was due and have not heard anything back yet lol 

2 hours ago, pahopeful46 said:

Congrats that is awesome!! When did you submit your application for the scholarship? I submitted mine like the day before it was due and have not heard anything back yet lol 

Thank you! I submitted about 2-3 days before the deadline. I am sure you will hear back soon. Good luck to you! 

• Like 1

Been reading this thread since I submitted my application.  Thought I would chime in.  First off, I have not heard anything since I submitted 29APR19, and was reffered on 03MAY19.  Second, has anyone gotten any new information?  As someone mentioned above I am incessantly checking this site and the job portal.  Not to mention the spike in my blood pressure everytime I get an email notification.  

Good luck to everyone.

27 minutes ago, Jvick5345 said:

Been reading this thread since I submitted my application.  Thought I would chime in.  First off, I have not heard anything since I submitted 29APR19, and was reffered on 03MAY19.  Second, has anyone gotten any new information?  As someone mentioned above I am incessantly checking this site and the job portal.  Not to mention the spike in my blood pressure everytime I get an email notification.  

Good luck to everyone.

I too have not received any updates.  Submitted my application a few days before closing date and just got the same email a few days afterwards saying my application was being referred.  I too am checking this site, USAJOBS site and email way to much...LOL...best of luck everyone