Oxybutynin abuse

EM PA working in the southeast here. Over the last several months I've had a string of patients coming in asking for refills of their oxybutynin. At first I was just happy that they weren't asking for a controlled substance but I started getting suspicious when it became a reoccurring theme and many of the patients did not look like the people on the overactive bladder commercials I remember seeing. A quick google search shows that it might be hallucinogenic if taken at a high enough dose which makes a little sense given that it's an anticholinergic. Anyone else seeing this?

EM PA working in the southeast here. Over the last several months I've had a string of patients coming in asking for refills of their oxybutynin. At first I was just happy that they weren't asking for a controlled substance but I started getting suspicious when it became a reoccurring theme and many of the patients did not look like the people on the overactive bladder commercials I remember seeing. A quick google search shows that it might be hallucinogenic if taken at a high enough dose which makes a little sense given that it's an anticholinergic. Anyone else seeing this?

Also, look into Imodium overdose...

Archived