Salary renegotiation

Hey guys,

I wanted to get some opinions on my current situation.

I have been a Derm Pa for about 2 years now with the same company. My salary is $75k and collect 25% over $85k every quarter. We added another provider to our practice and now I'm bonusing significantly less.

I feel as though I shouldn't have taken a $20,000+ loss yearly because a new provider was added but that's what's going on.

Do I have any grounds to ask for a early renegotiation?

Thanks !

It would really depend on what your salary was before the $20k loss, and what your hours are now compared to before.

If you are still working the same hours then that would not be ok.  If you used to work a very heavy schedule and now you are working better hours, I don't know how amenable your employer would be to increasing your salary.

Last thing, when was the last time you negotiated a salary?  If you haven't discussed salary since you were hired then I would personally say you are overdo anyway.

It would really depend on what your salary was before the $20k loss, and what your hours are now compared to before.

If you are still working the same hours then that would not be ok. If you used to work a very heavy schedule and now you are working better hours, I don't know how amenable your employer would be to increasing your salary.

Last thing, when was the last time you negotiated a salary? If you haven't discussed salary since you were hired then I would personally say you are overdo anyway.

Thanks for your reply, my earnings for last year pretax were around 135k. My hours haven't changed much. My patient load is just far less because when a doctor is added to your practice it will inevitably decrease your new patient load drastically.

I haven't discussed salary since my interview. I'm just unsure how to go about it in a tactful way, but more over, I want to make sure it's warranted.

Yes.  It is warranted.  Ask for a 20k or 25k increase in your base.

Thanks, I agree, I extrapolated my earnings for 2017 and it'll be around 100-110 pretax. I'd much rather have a base of 100 and potentially collect a smaller percentage. I don't want my supervising doc to think I'm being irrational. Also, the total pto I took in 2016 was less then 1 week because my bonuses would have been much less. I think that's a terrible way of having to work, in my opinion!

Archived