What field do PAs bring in the highest salary?

I know there a lot of factors that come into play with this question. But just a general estimate, I would

think Emergency medicine/surgery. This could be helpful when choosing a specialty for new grads bc we all know how much these loans kill us!! Thanks.

How much did you start out with at tht specialty?

I know there a lot of factors that come into play with this question. But just a general estimate, I would

think Emergency medicine/surgery. This could be helpful when choosing a specialty for new grads bc we all know how much these loans kill us!! Thanks.

How much did you start out with at tht specialty?

I agree with previous responders about the top 3 specialties salaries. However, if you were simply choosing what specialty you want to go in after graduation based solely on salary you are making a bad decision! You need to choose a specialty which best suit your skills and knowledge base. Otherwise, you might end up in a job that you think you like but that job does not like you. You could ruin your entire career if you are let go from a position because you were not qualified to be there in the beginning.

I agree with previous responders about the top 3 specialties salaries. However, if you were simply choosing what specialty you want to go in after graduation based solely on salary you are making a bad decision! You need to choose a specialty which best suit your skills and knowledge base. Otherwise, you might end up in a job that you think you like but that job does not like you. You could ruin your entire career if you are let go from a position because you were not qualified to be there in the beginning.

interventional radiology pays pretty decent if you find the right practice..... need to be on productivity to make any real money

totally agree with the comments on not choosing a job based on salary.... I was making well over 120 a yr and was miserable... now at 84 and happy with the profession and branching out to do my own practice and expect to make the 123-130k in a year or two after start up with a 40 hour work week

you can take any job and get a per diem in the ER or urgent care and add 20k per year with a few shifts per month

interventional radiology pays pretty decent if you find the right practice..... need to be on productivity to make any real money

totally agree with the comments on not choosing a job based on salary.... I was making well over 120 a yr and was miserable... now at 84 and happy with the profession and branching out to do my own practice and expect to make the 123-130k in a year or two after start up with a 40 hour work week

you can take any job and get a per diem in the ER or urgent care and add 20k per year with a few shifts per month

agree with the 2 above posters. don't go for the bucks, follow your passion. the most unhappy I ever was as a pa was the year I made the most money in my career because I hated the job and was treated poorly by the physician and nursing admin staff. I left that job, took a 25k/yr pay cut and had a better scope of practice, more autonomy, slept better and garnered more professional respect. it was worth the pay cut.

agree with the 2 above posters. don't go for the bucks, follow your passion. the most unhappy I ever was as a pa was the year I made the most money in my career because I hated the job and was treated poorly by the physician and nursing admin staff. I left that job, took a 25k/yr pay cut and had a better scope of practice, more autonomy, slept better and garnered more professional respect. it was worth the pay cut.

Yeah, and what specialty you fall in love with may not be what you think it will be now. I went into PA school with a mind set of a particular specialty, because it was my background, and ended up falling head over heels for EM on my very last rotation, which completely changed my career goals. so go into rotations with a very open mind.

Yeah, and what specialty you fall in love with may not be what you think it will be now. I went into PA school with a mind set of a particular specialty, because it was my background, and ended up falling head over heels for EM on my very last rotation, which completely changed my career goals. so go into rotations with a very open mind.

Archived