Any PA that you know of who work at Kaiser?

I worked for them for years. most KP PAs are union members, so that explains the pay scales. 2 guaranteed raises a yr, differentials for everything, etc.

that being said, you earn your money. they treat PAs as interchangeable cogs in a machine. you are not a valuable member of the staff, you are the pa working the 2-10 shift until you disagree with a doc, then you are a threat to the physician order....

I had just interviewed with a  rural FM/UC clinic where they offered me great pay and a schedule of working 6 days on and 8 days off. Plus, they pay me hourly and if I have to chart or anything after the shift, I get paid for my time.

As I was driving home from that interview, Kaiser called to offer me a job. They said it would be M-F with occasional evenings and at least one weekend a month. Their offer and everything I have heard about them working the hell out of their PAs is what made me turn around and accept the rural job.

Archived